Chapter 11

Ink's POV

   I'm headed to the Compound, one of the prospects let me know that I was needed at the table. Apparently there is a Cartel that just hired us for a run.

   I make my way to the table and have a seat on the chair and I give everyone a nod as a greeting.

"Alright everyone today we will be making a run for a new Cartel, we will be delivering the shipment to Connecticut. We will have six guards in total, Ink you will be leading the run tonight."

  My head shoots up. "I can't tonight Eagle, I have prior commitments."

"The run is this afternoon, you should make it back in time for tonight. Now all of you go get ready, you'll be leaving soon."

   Dammit, I better go hurry up and get ready to make it back in time for my date with Cassandra. I can't cancel on her, she'll never give me another shot. I'll make it back on time, I'll make sure of it.

A few hours later....

"Make sure all of you are strapped, a gun on your back, and a gun on your bike, stay in formation, keep your eyes open and stay alert. Let's go!"

   The shipment we have to protect is drugs, without a doubt. The club doesn't buy, sell or trade. We don't do drugs, but we do get paid to protect the shipments. Who knows what Cartel the drugs belong to. We don't ask questions the less we know the better, we just take it from point A to point B.

   We're headed to Connecticut, it's about A two hour drive. We're about an hour in and everything is good so far. Everything is quiet... too quiet. All of a sudden gun shots go off, the semi-truck comes to a screeching hault. The glass is broken and there is blood on the windows, the driver was shot.

   I start yelling for everyone to take out their guns and shoot anyone on site. I open the door to the truck and check the driver, he's been shot in the stomach, but he's still alive.

   That's when I hear it, the engines, motorcycle engines and they are not from my men. Then more gun shots. As the bikes get closer, two of my prospects go down.

   Shit! There is a sniper here and I can't see him, they were ready for us, it was an ambush. I only have four men left, we won't get out of here alive, it's gonna be us or the shipment. But I can't let Eagle down, they didn't make me VP for nothing.

"Get the men in the truck and leave the bikes." I start to yell.

   We start moving as the bikes get closer, more shots are heard. I lock four of my men and the driver in the back of the truck. Knuckles and Runner will be with me driving the truck.

"Turn the truck around, we need to go back to the Compound, we won't make it with just the truck, I'll call Eagle to meet us halfway for back up."

   More shots. "Shit Ink, they just blew out a tire."

"Fuck, just keep going, I'm gonna try to get on the roof of the truck to shoot them down, I can't get a good angle from here" I tell them.

"Don't do it, it's dangerous" Knuckles tells me.

   I open the door and head to the top of the truck, they are behind the tuck so they can't see me. I get to the roof of the truck and I start with my shotgun, there is eight of them. I manage to shoot one down, then another and finally a third.

   But they caught sight of me and start shooting the truck. I yell to Knuckles to keep going, Runner opens the door and begins to shoot them down as they get closer. He shoots down two of them. When they see that they are losing men, they begin to back off.

   I open the door to get into the truck and that's when I feel it, the bullet in my chest. I loose my balance and almost fall out of the truck, but Knuckles is there to grab me. They put me into the truck and rip off my shirt to put pressure on the wound but after that it's all a blur.

   When I wake up I'm in the Compound, I hear the screaming and yelling to get the doctor.

"Ink look at me, I need you to stay awake, the bullet is deep in your chest, we're gonna have the Doc remove it."

"What time is it?" I ask Eagle.

" It's seven p.m."

"Shit, I gotta go, I need to meet Cassandra."

"You're not going anywhere, sorry Ink."

   I struggle against his hold. "I need to see her Eagle, let me go, take the damn bullet out so I can go."

"You lost alot of blood, you won't be able to go anywhere after. Stop struggling, I mean it Ink."

   I keep struggling and yelling at him to let go of me, but the last thing I remember is a punch to the face.