━ ♡

EPILOGUE

"Yer an idiot."

Cellophane chuckled fondly at the sight of Dr. Tobias' stern face, the former barely wincing as the latter completed the final stitch required to seal the large gash on the pro hero's hand. 

"I try, you know that."

"Yup. That's why I have the doctorate."  

"Very funny, babe."

"'M not babe here; it's Dr. Tobias to you." Said doctor set aside his bloodied needles and extra twine and went to swivel away on his stool, before being stopped by an uninjured hand to his side.

"Well, Dr. Tobias, whaddya say we get out of this joint and--"

"Hanta, stop it--"

"Er, actually that's Cellophane to you."

"Shut it."

"I won't. I gotta tell you how Siren and Chargebolt are. You wanna know that, right?"

The other man perked upright, tensing under the touch of his patient with earnest curiosity. "You mean Miles and Kami? Of course, no one's--"

"No, I mean Siren and Chargebolt."

"Hanta," the doctor said. The joke was over and the sternness was back. "No one's tell'd me anythin' since I saw the news. Not their condition, not what hospital they're at--"

"Hey, Sans," Sero cooed. His hand ghosted up his husband's side and to the soft curves of his face, cradling the pale and ghostly skin that only seemed more sickly beneath his white locks and brought together under the florescent hospital bulbs. It was a beauty that shone in the far reaches of the universe and settled deep in the bones of the tragic. "They're alright. Not hurt much more than I was."

Sans let out a deep sigh of relief, releasing the tension that had been smothering him and allowing him to let his professionalism slip away as he leaned into the touch of fate's embrace. "Of course my soulmate had ta' be a pro hero."

"And mine is a doctor. A match made in heaven."

Sans scoffed with a smile. "Hell more like."

"Whatever it is," the two locked hands through their moment of downtime, "I like it."

thx 4 reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stream fondness by @-oneforall plas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!