prologue

20.12.2016.

Jungkook had always been the quiet kid at the back of the class, the one that never said a word, the one people thought was mute, the one the teacher often forget about.

He was always alone in the cafeteria, and never had any friends throughout his many years of school he had like two but they didn't matter to him now.

Most kids wanted friends, wanted people to love them, but Jungkook enjoyed being alone. It was his way of coping.

Sure he wasn't happy but he wasn't sad nor mad.

There were kids that had a lot, some even had too much but we're ungrateful no matter what the situation was. Others were grateful for even the littlest amount.

Jungkook's parents, when he was younger were sure giving him little love would make him feel grateful for everything else he had.

But it never worked, as the years went on they consumed more alcohol and drugs and eventually lost the ability to show Jungkook any love.

But that didn't matter they had already messed up Jungkook's idea of love. With the way they excessively bossed him around and called it love, he grew to believe that was love.

That's why at the age of 7 when made his first friend, he bossed them around and told them to get his bag, get his food, get his shoes, bring him toys and so much more. And when the teachers saw him they'd scold him and tell him off.

And soon enough the other kids had told his only friend that Jungkook was mean and not to play with him, Jungkook had never thought that they had been talking about the way he showed his love.

By the time he had turned 14, he made a new friend but history repeated itself and after a month the two were no longer friends.

People claimed Jungkook was bullying him, and Jungkook had been too shy to question how.

So time went on and he was now 15, he'd given up on making friends they'd brought too much drama and he liked being alone.

Not only that but after being called rude by everyone Jungkook slowly started to believe he was rude. And while he had soon learned that the way he treated people wasn't the real way of showing them love, he didn't know how to show them that he loved them properly.

When his parents became drunk and high more often than not and Jungkook started working to make money, food needed to be brought.

See his parents were always wasted, in the day they were ok but Jungkook didn't see them in the daytime on school days, so the only time he really saw his parents sober was on the weekends.

They would still boss him around, maybe nowhere as much as in the past but it didn't bother Jungkook.

They didn't talk to him unless they felt the need to anyway, he never really had the child-parent relationship that most kids had.

Jungkook first started working by gathered up the courage to ask his teacher to wash their cars for a bit of money and knowing his situation they agreed, even offered to give him money for free but Jungkook wanted to earn the money.

So he washed about 7 cars a week for 33,000 won and forced himself to last off of that. From when he was 10 until he turned 15, 3 months ago.

When he begged a small local shop to let him work there and after hearing his situation they instant agreed.

See throughout the many years of his life Jungkook had felt a lot of pain, and not being able to let it out or tell anyone about how he felt when he found something hard.

He had thought about letting the pain out by doing self-harm he'd heard it'd worked for so many people but before he got the chance to do it he heard people always ended up regretting.

He'd thought about just ending it all, I mean his parents didn't really seem like they cared about him, he couldn't make friends and the pain never seemed to stop.

But there were just days where he felt he should hang on for maybe just a little longer, see if the world had anything new to offer.

So right now, having a messed up idea of love and just about enough money to eat, Jungkook was pretty emotionless.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  Prologue  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

I'm a little unsure about how you guys will feel about this book as it's my first Yoonkook book but I'm hoping that you'll like it!