Chapter 19

31-12-26

"Yes" Jungkook smiled and just as Yoongi was about to speak again the front door opened and Jimin walked in "oh you're awake" Jimin asked settling the bags down by the door before taking off his shoes.

"Mmh" Jungkook nodded as Jimin walked over to him "how are you feeling?" He asked sitting beside the younger "better" Jungkook told tensing when Jimin placed his hand on his cheeks a little too low for Jungkook's comfort.

"You sure? You feel really tense" Jimin muttered Jungkook quickly reaching up and pushing Jimin's hands off once they were off he let out the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Please don't touch my neck" he murmured, Jimin hadn't been touching his neck but it was close enough "sorry" Jimin apologized.

"So what did you go to the shop for" Jungkook asked changing the subject "got you a few of your favourite snacks and some alcohol for Tae" Jimin answered "thanks" Jungkook smiled.

"It's alright, oh yeah the ice cream is gonna melt!" Jimin exclaimed rushing over to the bags, he picked them up and took them to the kitchen. "Kinda felt really invisible just then" Yoongi mumbled Jungkook just laughed shaking his head.

It was only when Jimin came back with a bag of snacks for Jungkook that he spoke again, muttering small 'thanks' and 'you didn't have to'.

★➹•➷•➹•➷★

"So did the others say anything about the footage?" Jungkook asked opening a packet of crisp "no not yet" Jimin shook his head.

Yoongi had not long ago gone to shower when Jungkook asked the question.

"What...what if there isn't any?" Jungkook frowned "what if R-" "no Jungkook there will be proof don't worry, if there wasn't Taehyung would have called to make sure I don't say anything to you" Jimin assured.

"How can you be so sure?" Jungkook questioned "because even if there isn't Hoseok saw you, he can describe you and Ryugi's outfit, not only that but your car has been stolen, I'm sure they can track it to him" Jimin explained.

"What if they can't? Ryugi isn't dumb, he'd probably leave the car somewhere near my house and then no one will ever know, apart from me saying it there is no proof he actually stole it" Jungkook sighed.

"Hey, stop stressing yourself it's gonna be fine, I promise" Jimin assured grabbing Jungkook's hand and giving it a soft squeeze, Jungkook just sighed knowing there was no point in arguing with Jimin.

Jungkook placed his crisp on the table and picked up his phone just as it went off, he bit his lip as he read the messages he'd been sent, his mind for a split second considering forgiving Ryugi as he read the message.

"What is it? Is it the others?" Jimin asked feeling Jungkook's hand tense in his hold as his phone pinged a few times, noticing Jungkook biting his lip and not saying anything Jimin sighed "is it that scum bag?" He asked

"He said he won't do anything if I go back to him...said he'll turn himself in if he does anything" Jungkook answered.

"Don't tell me you're actually considering giving him another chance! Has everything he did been forgotten already!?" Jimin questioned, voice raising a little.

"What's going?" Yoongi asked entering the room "Jungkook h-" Jimin stopped when he felt Jungkook squeeze his hand clearly a silent way of asking him not to tell.

Jimin turned to the younger, he didn't say anything for a moment just stared and then he grabbed Jungkook's phone.

Too quick for the younger to have a reaction and before he could question it Jimin spoke "you must be crazy if you think I'm gonna sit here and let that happen" he told.

Jungkook let a groan before reaching for his phone only for Jimin to smack his hand away.

"Jimin give me my phone" Jungkook sighed "no" Jimin shook his head standing up and before Jungkook had the time to process it Jimin was running off to his room.

The sound of the door locking being the only thing he heard. Jungkook didn't bother trying to get his phone knowing Jimin would come out soon enough.

"What was that about?" Yoongi asked sitting down "nothing" Jungkook shook his head a second later Jimin came back "my phone" Jungkook muttered "don't have it" Jimin smiled.

"You hid my phone?" Jungkook questioned "maybe, maybe not" Jimin shrugged sitting down and just as Jungkook stood up to go look for it the front door opened.

"We got it!" Taehyung exclaimed as he and the others entered the apartment "thank god" Jimin let out a sigh of relief.

"Have you done anything with it yet?" Jungkook questioned "not yet, we were thinking of taking it straight to the police but Seokjin said it doesn't really make sense for us to take it without you so when you're ready we will go with you" Hoseok offered a small smile.

"Can I have it?" Jungkook asked "what for?" Jimin quickly spoke when he noticed Taehyung taking out his wallet Taehyung paused at Jimin's words, he looked up at Jungkook waiting for a reply.

Jungkook only threw Jimin a glare before taking a step towards Taehyung "can I have it?" He repeated "what for?" Taehyung asked "just give it to me Taehyung" Jungkook sighed.

"Don't, he's going to either break it or give it to Ryugi" Jimin blurted out, at that Taehyung closed his wallet and put it back in his pocket "I'm not going to do either of those" Jungkook sighed.

"Explain and you'll get it" Taehyung told "Ryugi messaged me asking for another chance he said he won't do anything again and will even turn himself in if he does" Jungkook began.

"And I was thinking about it, but I can't go back to him, the reason I want the footage has nothing to do with that" he finished.

"If it doesn't have anything to do with that then what's the reason?" Jimin questioned "it would just make me feel better if I had the footage" Jungkook sighed.

"Alright" Taehyung muttered opening his wallet and pulling out a memory card and passing it to Jungkook "thank you" he murmured then turned to Jimin.

"My phone?" he said, the older sighed before going off to get it, he then handed it to Jungkook, Jungkook didn't bother thanking him and walked off to go sit on the couch.

He unlocked his phone and responded to Ryugi's message.

Sure Jungkook was quite fragile but he was strong enough to stop Ryugi from trampling over him

Not only that but he was an expert at hiding his feeling, I mean if he wasn't he would be allowing himself to crumble right now instead of responding to Ryugi.

*:..。o○<_Chapter 19_>○o。..:*

So I try to update every 2-4 days so mostly every 3 days but lately I've been struggling and have been updating like every 5 days if it gets 2 once a week I'll probably end up setting and alarm lol.

My point was if you've you've noticed the sudden disturbance in my usual schedule it's nothing to worry about the story will still be posted!