Part 8 - "10 Minutes Late."

NATHAN'S P.O.V

My stomach was going mental. All of my muscles had been tied into knots but it gave me a good feeling, rather than a bad one.

Beth's lips fitted perfectly with mine and I smiled against them.

Then it hit me. I'd just kissed one of my students. Once I'd realised this, I pulled away instantly and buried my head into my hands.

"Shit." I mumbled as I ran my hands through my hair.

I glanced up at Beth, who was blushing slightly and looking down at her hands.

It was wrong that she did that, but I didn't pull away instantly because it felt right. Nothing felt wrong about that, even though it should do.

What the hell was that?

I stood up and moved away from her, sitting myself on the edge of the desk.

Beth looked up at me and a small smile spread across her face.

I frowned slightly. Was she not bothered about what just happened?

"Did that not bother you at all?" I asked, my voice breaking slightly.

"Why would it?" Beth asked, standing up and walking over to me.

I pushed myself more up on the desk and sighed.

"Well, I'm your teacher, and we just kissed?" I said, pointing out the obvious.

"And it was my choice." she said, sitting next to me.

I sighed again. That wasn't exactly true. I wanted that to happen as much as she did, but it sounded like I had just made the biggest mistake of my life.

"That shouldn't have happened Beth." I mumbled before looking over at her.

She looked hurt, and all I wanted to do was hold her and tell her that everything would be okay, but I couldn't.

She nodded slightly, before turning away from me.

I knew I was terrible at this sort of thing but this was going to far. I stood up and moved, so I was in front of Beth.

"That was one kiss, it didn't mean anything." I lied. That meant everything, but if I was to tell her that she wouldn't leave me alone, and that would put a larger risk of us getting caught.

Beth nodded once and stood up before grabbing her bag and walking towards the door. I watched her carefully and sighed.

I'd messed up big time on this one.

BETH'S P.O.V

I felt panicky. Like I was about to have a heart attack. My heart was going mental as I sat down on the floor outside the music room.

I tried to steady my breathing, but I got choked up by a lump in my throat.

"Don't cry." I mumbled as I looked down at my lap. Soon after, a few tears landed on my skirt, making a few spots of the fabric appear darker than the rest of it.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and sighed.

If he didn't want that to happen, why didn't he push me away sooner, or tell me to keep my distance?

No, instead he lead me on and I was stupid and made a move.

I was just some stupid school girl, who pretty much forced herself onto her teacher.

I stood up as I heard the music room door open again and walked off, not bothering to look at him.

I half expected him to follow me, but he didn't.

I walked into my lesson, arriving 10 minutes late, with a disappointed look from Mr. Parker.

"Beth, you will be saying 10 minutes after this lesson ends for wasting my time." Mr. Parker told me.

I nodded and took a seat at the back, instead of my usual space between Jay and Siva.

I wasn't in the mood for arguments at all.

Lizzie gave me a strange look, before mouthing "what's wrong?"

I shook my head and grabbed my Math book out of my bag, before copying down what was on the board.

He just kept running through my head.

That one kiss, those few seconds that had now blown me apart.

"Beth?" Mr. Parker said, making me jump.

"Yes sir?" I mumbled, looking up at him.

"If 4+9=x, what does x equal?" Mr. Parker said, raising his eyes at me.

"13, sir." I said, rolling my eyes.

Mr. Parker frowned, obviously not expecting me to know the answer.

He nodded once before turning back to the front.

Mr. Parker was average height, a little taller than Mr. Sykes.

He had short brown hair, and brown eyes.

Just the mention of Mr. Sykes made me want to sit in the corner of the room and cry.

I sighed quietly, before writing down the answer to the question that I had just told Mr. Parker.

***

The lesson dragged on, but finally everyone but me left and I received a dirty look from Mr. Parker.

"Can I ask why you were late to my lesson, Miss Woods?"

Well, duh. He had a right to ask. I couldn't exactly say 'sorry sir, I was too busy kissing of my other teachers'

"My Music lesson ran over, Sir. Sorry." I mumbled.

That wasn't exactly a lie, was it?

"Who is your Music teacher, now that Mr. Lawson has left?" Mr. Parker asked.

"Mr. Sykes." I whispered as tears came into my eyes. I blinked a few times, as an attempt to get rid of them.

"I shall be speaking to him then, you on the other hand, may go Beth." I was told.

I nodded and quickly made for the door.

"And don't be late tomorrow." Mr. Parker said. I nodded again and left, breathing out heavily.

Thank god for that.