Part 9 - "Joey Essex Wanna-Be"

NATHAN'S P.O.V

I was happy when I walked into the form, because it was empty. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. Unless it was Beth.

All I wanted was to hold her, and tell her how sorry I was for hurting her. But I couldn't. Because I knew that if I ever had the chance to hold her again, I would never let her go.

I sighed as I glanced over at the door, noticing someone stood there.

I think he was one of the Math teachers.

"Mr. Sykes, may I have a word? it's about one of your students." Mr. Parker said. I nodded and sat myself on the end of my desk. I had got into a habit of doing that.

"It's about Miss Woods."

My head shot up at the sound of her name,

"W-what about her?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from going higher.

Tom sighed and sat on the desk in front of me.

"She turned up 10 minutes late for Maths ad she said it was because her music lesson ran over?"

I widened my eyes as my heart rate increased. Surely she didn't tell anyone about what happened?!

"Oh, r-right. I didn't realise." I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

Please just let the conversation end there, so he can get the fuck out of my classroom.

"Sorry, Tom. It wont happen again."

Mr. Parker nodded once and left as I sighed in relief. At least Beth hadn't told anyone... Yet.

I needed to speak to her. Tell her not to tell anyone, or it could get us both into a lot of trouble.

My head shot up as the door opened again and I grinned slightly as I saw Beth stood there.

She had been crying, but right now I didn't care.

"Close the door behind you and come here." I ordered.

Beth frowned slightly and shut the door behind her, before chucking her bag on the floor and walking up to me.

Her eyes, still wet with tears but it made them look even more brighter.

I took her hand in mine and smiled slightly before looking up at her.

"I'm so sorry."

"What for?" Beth asked, pulling her hand away from mine

I sighed quietly.

"For hurting you. I shouldn't have been so harsh with you, but it wasn't right."

Beth nodded.

I knew I had hurt her really bad. Before this happened she would have been talking more.

"Yeah, well just forget it happened. It didn't mean anything to you, and it didn't mean anything to me." Bethsaid, her voice turning harsh.

She was lying. I knew she was.

It meant everything to her, just like it did to me.

"I think that's for the best." I mumbled, trying not to show how disappointed I really was.

Beth nodded again and moved away from me.

I wanted to hold her, cradle her and tell her that I didn't want anything but her.

I watched her as she stood up, and slung her bag over her shoulder.

Her arms dragged slightly, as if she had turned limp.

I sighed quietly as she walked out of the door, slamming it behind her.

I really had fucked this one up.

BETH'S P.O.V

I felt lifeless, As if someone had just literally ripped my heart out of my chest.

"Beth? You okay?" I heard a voice say. I looked up and smiled slightly as I saw Siva.

"Yeah, I just feel a bit ill." I told him.

Siva stood in front of me and tilted my chin up.

"You look a bit pale."

I nodded, not wanting him to touch me.

"I'm just gonna go home. I'll see you whenever." I smiled faintly before moving away from him.

"Do you want me to tell Mr.Sykes that you're ill?" Siva asked as I walked off.

I sighed quietly and turned to him.

"Tell him whatever you fucking want!" I snapped before walking off again. Okay, I might have been a bit harsh towards Siva but right now I really didn't care.

I walked home pretty fast. All I wanted to do was lock myself in my room and just stay there.

I frowned slightly as I walked into the kitchen, hearing a male voice.

"You're gonna have to tell her soon, Karen." He mumbled. However he was, his voice was deep and sounded a bit creepy.

I walked into the kitchen, to see my mum stood by a middle aged man.

He looked about in his 40's, had short black hair and a bit of a tan.

Like a Spanish Simon Cowell.

"Beth, what are you doing home so early?" my mum asked, panic raising in her voice.

"I wasn't feeling well, so I came home." I mumbled, glancing over at the creep that had his arm wrapped around my mum.

He smirked at me, and shivers instantly ran down my spine. He was such a weirdo.

"I might aswell tell you now then, Beth, this is David." my mum smiled, glancing up at the Joey Essex wanna-be.

"Hey." I muttered, before looking at my mum. "Can I just go upstairs? Please?" I asked, feeling nervous.

My mum nodded and I quickly made my exit. I closed my bedroom door behind me and sat on my bed.

My mum has found it hard to trust men, especially with my dad being violent towards her. He started beating her when he found out she was pregnant with me, knocking the shit out of her as many times in the day as he could manage to fit in.

This is why I wanted my mum to be careful with this 'David' person.

He seemed a bit strange, but as long as she's happy and she doesn't get hurt, I guess I couldn't ask for anything else.

I lay down on my bed and sighed as my phone went off knowing it would be Lizzie or Siva.

'From: Lizzie.

Message; Seev told Mr.Sykes you went home ill, he seemed pretty worried actually? He asked me 3 times in English what was wrong with you and I said I didn't know, because I don't! What is wrong?"

Ha! As if he was actually worried about me. He didn't give a fuck if I was hurt or not and it was his fault.

I threw my phone across the room, feeling the sudden urge to cry as it hit the wall, leaving a dint.

I curled myself up so I was in a ball and nuzzled into the pillow, before moving my hand up to my lips.

I slowly traced my index finger and middle finger over my lips.

There was nothing I wanted more right now than to feel Nathan's soft lips against mine and his grip tightening on my waist.

The thought of this actually made my heart ache and throb. I longed for him to be near me, and to hold me.

To tell me that everything was going to be okay.

But I knew that couldn't happen. And I don't think it would happen ever again.