2: A Chance (JiBo)

Bora has always been diligent at work. She lets no one distract her, even her friends and family can’t. Whenever her friends would ask her if she would like to have a drink with them, she would mostly reject it or when she joins them, she would drink a little. She promised herself that she would limit herself. She only drank to the point where she gets wasted when she’s heartbroken. Not because of her partners, but because of her work. Bora once got wasted because her boss fired her for reasons she doesn’t even know. So the night that she got fired? She drank all night. It was even just a part-time job during college. There were people offering her drinks, men and women, and even offered to “take her home”, but no, she wasn’t interested. If Bora has one love, it would be work. No one can ever replace that. 

Or so she thinks. 

She has been working in Lee inc. ever since she graduated. The company hired her personally after they saw one of her presentations in the university open. She worked closely with her boss, Lee Siyeon, ever since she worked there. Because of her passion for the job, Siyeon willingly worked with Bora. Her creative ideas and passionate soul is what Siyeon admired. They easily became friends because Bora was easy to talk to when it’s outside company matters. Bora knows how to put a boundary between work and personal life. When she’s at work, she addresses Siyeon respectfully, but when they’re outside, she addresses Siyeon informally. Also, they both had a rule that work is not allowed as a topic whenever they’re outside work hours. 

Although, a devastating but good news hit them when Siyeon called them in for a meeting. 

“Hello everyone. I know it’s a busy day so I’m going to keep this short.” Siyeon exhaled and scanned the faces of her employees. She showed a small smile and said,

“I’m resigning as the CEO of Lee Inc.” Bora looked at Siyeon and shot her eyes wide open. What? But Siyeon is the best boss out there.

“I have decided to dedicate my life to my family. I know this is surprising news but I am getting married soon. I believe you all know who my fiancee is.” That’s right, Bora remembers. She remembered how sad she was to find out that Siyeon had a girlfriend during her early years in the company. She liked Siyeon before. The caring and lovable nature of Siyeon is what brought Bora’s feelings to sprout for her. But when Siyeon introduced Handong as her girlfriend, now fiancee, her heart broke. But now, all feelings are platonic and she only considers Siyeon as her friend. Even Handong has made a way to her heart because of how the woman cared for her too. So, she was happy for them. But she didn’t expect that Siyeon would resign.

“Don’t worry. I am not leaving Lee Inc. As I said, I am only resigning as CEO, not entirely. I’m just going a few positions down but I’m still part of the board.” Bora sighed in relief. But then, who will be our CEO? 

“The board has already approved of the new CEO. I wanted to tell all of you personally as I work with you closely. I don’t want you to know it through tabloids since you’ve all been nothing but loyal to me. She is someone I can trust too. I know that she’ll take good care of the company and you guys.” In Siyeon’s team, there were 5 of them. Gahyeon, a senior financial officer. Yubin, a senior technology manager. Jung Eun, a senior operations manager. Jinsol, a junior human resource manager. And her. Siyeon trusts them with everything. They have solved company problems, even the hardest ones, because of their teamwork. Now, with their new boss, they’re gonna go back to step 1. 

“Without further ado, please welcome Kim Minji.” When the woman entered, Bora’s jaw dropped. The woman was gorgeous as hell, and had a body that was carved by the gods. She was wearing a white buttoned up long sleeves that was rolled up with a black vest, paired with a black tie around her neck. The veins in her arms were popping out from her milky white skin. Bora immediately bit her lip in an attempt to close her mouth. She saw the woman smirk so she looked away, not giving in to the temptation of looking at the woman’s beautiful features.