See You Tomorrow

I have the first day of school in the morning but hey at least I have a friend in one (of my 8) class(es)

Other than that I am #lonely

But anyways on with this fanfiction I'm writing that might be the reason I'm lonely at school 😩🖐

Previously...

Sighing, Dream retreated from the window, feeling a bit rejected. He knew he shouldn't have been spying on them, but he just didn't want to run out and congratulate George while there was someone else there... and risk making it awkward or ruining the moment. He could've done that better, he supposed, but it didn't really matter in the long run. It's not like he was eavesdropping on their conversation or anything, just waiting til the girl left so he could be alone with George.

Geez, maybe I fell for him a little harder than I thought...

{George}

3rd Person P.O.V.

George hugged Niki goodbye, smiling at her. His gaze flickered to Dream's window across the hall, seeing the American watching with furrowed brows. Weird.

"Thanks Niki. See you tomorrow?" George asked, putting a hand on the door.

"I can't come to your events tomorrow because I was invited out to lunch, but if you want to stay for my events we can hang out afterwards!" She smiled. George hummed, nodding.

"Right, I almost forgot. Have fun, he sounds like a nice guy." Niki grinned, nodding.

"Yeah, I think we'll make good friends," she mused. "But I gotta go, bye George!" Niki backed away, waving as she turned to leave.

"Bye, Niki." George closed his door, but not without giving one last look at Dream's window. The blond looked almost upset, and George wasn't really sure why. Or why he was looking out his hall window, either. But he supposed it probably didn't matter.

Stretching, George undressed, hopping into the shower. He sighed, hot water hitting his tired body comfortingly. The heat soothed his aching muscles, steam helping him clear his head.

After a few moment's hesitation, George decided he would head across the hall and say hi to Dream. The blond had looked disappointed and upset in the window earlier, and it wouldn't hurt to check up on him.

Because that was definitely the only reason George wanted to go over there.

So the gymnast got out of the shower, immediately wrapping a towel around himself. After he was dried off and dressed, George headed across the hall, hesitantly knocking on Dream's door. A faint "coming!" could be heard from inside the room, and the door opened a moment later.

"George?" Dream asked, tilting his head. The brunette noted the slight change in Dream's demeanor, but chose not to mention it.

"Hi... can we talk?" George wondered, looking to the side awkwardly. Dream nodded, moving aside so George could get past him.

"What's up?"

"Um..." Probably best to get right to the point. "Well, I saw you in the window earlier..." Dream's eyes widened ever-so-slightly.

"George, I swear I wasn't like, stalking you or anything, I just heard noise in the hall and-"

"It's fine, really. But you looked upset, and..." George paused, fidgeting with his fingers for a moment before looking up at Dream. "You looked upset?"

"Oh, um, well, I wanted to congratulate you. Y'know, on the qualifiers..." Dream trailed off. Now he was the one avoiding eye contact.

"Then why didn't you?"

"I didn't want to interrupt you and your girlfriend." A look of confusion clouded George's features for a moment.

"Girlfriend?" He frowned. "I don't have a girlfriend." Dream's head shot up.

"You don't?" George shook his head. "So that girl..."

"Niki? She's my best friend, we train together a lot and she came to support me during the qualifiers," George explained, pretending to ignore the smile on Dream's face.

"So, George..." Dream smirked. "No girlfriend, huh?" The brunette rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Whatever," George muttered. Switching subjects, he asked: "Did you have any events today?"

"No, but my first race is tomorrow morning," Dream answered. "400 meter freestyle."

"Oh, cool..." George didn't want to admit that he had no idea what that meant. He had never really been one for swimming, and so he never really learned how. "I have another round of qualifiers in the afternoon. Maybe... I could watch you swim?"

"I'd love that!" Dream exclaimed, grinning. "And then I could go see your second qualifiers?" He stated, posing it as more of a question. George smiled, nodding.

"Sure, that sounds great. So... when is this happening?"

"How about I 'pick you up' around 8 am tomorrow?" Dream suggested, using air quotes. George giggled, nodding in agreement.

"See you then." They both walked back to the door, Dream reaching for the doorknob first.

"Oh, and George?"

"Hmm?"

"You were incredible during the qualifiers today," Dream complimented. George hummed, nodding. He stifled a yawn, stretching a little.

"Thanks. See you in the morning."

"What? It's only like..." Dream checked his phone, frowning. "4 pm?"

"Yeah, and I'm doing my best not to pass out on you, so..." George poked Dream's hand, trying to get him to twist the doorknob and let him go. The blond obeyed, opening the door for George. "...see you tomorrow."

"Alright, George. Sleep well, and I'll come get you at eight." Dream watched as George went across the hall to his room, offering up a shy wave before closing the door, leaving Dream still in the hallway.

George sighed, immediately collapsing on the bed. He was already wearing comfortable clothes, so he just closed his eyes and allowed sleep to overtake him.

that ending feels rushed? Idk

I start school in less than 6 hours 😍😍