Chapter 2

Amaris's POV

I was wearing a grey long shrug on my black tank top, a black scarf on my neck, black skinny jeans, and black trekking boots.

As I kept walking trying to find the best view for my drawing I didn't realize that I came too deep into the forest. But I always know the way back home so no big deal. I stopped when I saw a small clearing where the moon looked shining beautifully above the trees. I looked around and found a tree.

........

As I kept drawing and reached the last part I heard a howl. I plugged out my iPods and my eyes widened. There are no wolves in California.

I stood up closing the zip of my art case as I slipped the sketch pad in it too. Not minding the fact that it wasn't meant to carry it. 

As I held the case and began walking in the direction I heard another loud growl followed by a commotion

As I held the case and began walking in the direction I heard another loud growl followed by a commotion. People shouting, firing off arrows, howls.

I kept the case down and started moving towards the source as I approached near. I saw a man no wait a creature with a hairy face. And people firing at him. Now there were two of them. 

Not thinking twice I did an air flip and kicked the first guy clad in black, the second turned but before he could do anything I took his gun and slammed it in his nose, snatching the gun away I slammed the sling point in his neck and he fell unconscious. I saw two ahead of me, I did a short run and did a round kick. My foot came in contact with his neck and he fell on his back.

 I landed on my feet, from the same position I ran to the best one my hand bringing his shoulders down as my legs rounded his neck and I did a whole circular round slamming him on the ground

 I landed on my feet, from the same position I ran to the best one my hand bringing his shoulders down as my legs rounded his neck and I did a whole circular round slamming him on the ground. He fell unconscious.

I landed with my one leg outstretched

I landed with my one leg outstretched. My back facing the one I just knocked out. I saw one struggling to stand up and the other one on his feet. Running I pushed up from the first one's back and wrapped my legs around the others and slammed him on the ground, returning on my legs in a defensive pose.

 Running I pushed up from the first one's back and wrapped my legs around the others and slammed him on the ground, returning on my legs in a defensive pose

I huffed and looked in front of me. A boy without a shirt is pinned to the tree with an arrow and another man near his early 20s staring at me in shock.

"Hey! I..uh.. were these your friends?"-I asked awkwardly as I straightened up my shrug. My face was in an awkard and guilty smile.

"No."-The man said as he pulled out the arrow. The boy fell in pain clutching his hand

"So... I guess that's my queue!"-I said and turned around to leave but then the hairy face came to my mind.

"Your secrets are safe with me! But if you could tell me what exactly you are and what they were it would be better."-I said as I turned my head to look at them.

"Yeah and maybe you could tell us how you did .. whatever you just did?"-He said pointing the back of the arrow towards the people lying on the forest floor.

"Yeah, that..."-I said pointing to the ground.

..........

After a minute or two we were standing on the place I was just sketching. As we reached I saw that Scott has recovered. We exchanged names.

"So....you guys go first!"-I said as I picked up my art case.

"We are werewolves they were hunters they have been hunting us for centuries!"-Derek said answering my question.

"You mean hunting you, this is all because of you. You did this to me."-Scott sudden outburst was terrific but I was preoccupied;

And that was it Scott and Derek started fighting and I was processing the information that I just heard.

"So now Scott, you and me are brother!"-As Derke said that I came out of my trance.

"And thanks -"-Derek was going to say but felt the lack of my name.

"Amaris, Amaris Adrienne Luthor. I don't know all this but I saw them trying to hunt slash kill you guys so I helped a little. I learned martial art and advanced weaponry at a young age."-I said and they nodded.

"You know you fight very nicely."-Scott said smiling and I smiled back. A forcefully one.

"Are you not cold?"-I asked him as he was shirtless.

"No...i..uh.."-He began and Derke rolled his eyes.

"Here"-I said and passed him the scarf that I kept on my art case.

"Thanks!"-he said and I smiled and turned around.

"Where are you going?"-Derek asked.

"Home."-I said and left.

.............