Chapter 7

We have been looking for Leila for the past 3 hours and still we have no clue about her whereabouts. I hope that what I had feared of does not occur.

"It's starting to get dark and it's not good to travel through the Zehraal Forest during the night", Commander Damien informed us.

"But what about Leila, we have to continue looking for her!", Shahid said while being over worried about Leila.

"We know but we can't stay in this forest for long. We need to look for a cave or a save place for the night or else we will be devoured by the monsters of the Zehraal Forest.", Commander Damien said is if he was too familiar with the forest.

"There up towards the north is a cave, it should be save enough to stay for the night.", Luke said while pointing towards the cave.

We all agreed to head towards the cave that looked as though it would take us eternity to reach. As we traveled, I couldn't help myself from steeling glances at the Commander. Never in my life have I ever been attracted to a male but something about Commander Damien feels weirdly sinister but in a good and fascinating way at the same time. It feels as though two different people with opposite qualities were merged together. "Oh Allah, why am I being attracted to him?",, I asked my subconscious mind.

As I was about to glance at Commander Damien once again I felt as if I saw something move from the corner of my right eye. No, I must be paranoid! First I enter a magical realm that I have no clue about and now one of my best friends is lost. Yeah that's it, I must be paranoid with all these changes and stress.

"Hey there's the cave, we have finally reached.", Shahid said exhaustedly.

We all quickly made our way into the cave and with the flick of a finger Luke created a torch. Wow, they can do magic I wonder what else they can do! As we scanned the cave with the help of the torch I started hearing faint breath's coming from the far left of the cave. I wonder what it could be. Oh Allah, I hope it's not another horrifying creature!

"Can you hear that, it sounds like faint breath's coming from there.", I whisper to Shahid while taping his shoulder trying to show him the direction from where it's coming.

"Yeah, I hear it too.", He whispered back as we moved closer to the sound.

As we got closer to the sound with Luke and Commander Damien trailing us, I immediately gasped as the flickering lights of the torch fell on something that looked like the silhouette of a girl. Shahid looked back at Luke and gestured him to lower the torch to see what it actually is. As he did so we all were shocked when we saw who it was. I felt the ground beneath me twirling my brain like a furious tornado and my guts churning in the most disgusting way that I can't even imagine of. "Who could have done that to her?", I thought as anger boiled within me. There lying in a pool of blood with bruises covering almost every part of her body was my best friend Leila. Shahid and I immediately ran to her with tears spilling from our eyes.

"Leila, Leila, wake up?" Shahid said while shaking her body to wake her up.

"Water, water..." She whispered exhaustedly.

Commander Damien immediately flicked his fingers and a bottle of water appeared. I snatched it from his hands and quickly opened the cap while tilting it towards Leila's mouth and she gulped it down ferociously.

"Who did this to you?", Commander Damien asked.

As Leila lifted her head in an attempt to answer him her face completely changed from relief to scared with bits of fear looming in her eyes within seconds as though she saw a horrific creature lurking behind us and before I could even turn around I felt as if I'm being sucked into a vacuum. I feel suffocated and I'm instantly greeted by darkness and the everlasting fear looming inside me.

                            *****

As I regain my consciousness I groan feeling the pain seeping into each and every bone and muscle of my body. Once the pain has relaxed I slowly flicker my eyes trying to adjust with the amount of light surrounding me but to my disappointment it's pitch black but when I look around I notice that there is a faint glow of light emitting from me. It looks like it's engulfing me. I use the light coming from it to see where I am and it seems as though I'm in a cell or a dungeon. I immediately start to search for a weapon or anything with which I can get out of here and while I was doing so sounds of foot steps started to echo towards my direction.

"Well, well, what have we here..."

______________________________________

Hi guys

Cliffhanger!! What do think of the state in which Leila was found? Who do you think was behind Ayanna and her friends in the cave? What do you think has happened to them and why is Ayanna in a cell/dungeon? What do you think is causing that faint glow around her? Yet again we have unsolved mysteries! Till next time folks.

Sam
❤️❤️

                            *****