🦇Chapter 3: The Best Halloween

The next day

In the classroom were the girls, Grim, Ace, Deuce, and the rest of the students are sitting in there seats while Professor Cerwel is talking.

Cerwel: 1, 2, 3... alright, you're all here. Let's start homeroom. I have an important announcement today. I would think you all know this, but.... Halloween is a month away.

Classmate 1: It's finally Halloween. I've been waiting for this!

Classmate 2: I've always dreamed of spending Halloween at Night Raven College!

Grim is next to June was talking to the others about Halloween.

Grim: Everyone's all excited at just the mention of Halloween! Like Lilia and the ghosts said yesterday, Halloween really is special.

June: It is a special holiday, Grim. Which it feels kinda strange.

Ace: Everyone's all excited at just the mention of Halloween! Like Lilia and the ghosts said yesterday, Halloween really is special.

Deuce: Apparently Draconia-senpai and Vanrouge-senpai are in high spirits.

Spring:🙂 It's Halloween-y, right?

Ace: Oh, good, that's positive! Glad you're having fun. Halloween's gotta be flashy, after all~

Deuce: Speaking of flashy... Girls. Did you buy pumpkins to decorate with yet? They're already in at the Mystery Shop. If you want nice-looking ones you have to buy them early.

The Girls: 🙁...Uhh... no.

June: We didn't know that the Mystery Shop has them.

Grim: Ace and Deuce, you're both having fun too. So you're both happy about Halloween too?

Ace: I mean, yeah. Is there anyone who's not pumped about Halloween? I bet even the famously introverted Ignihyde dorm will come out to play too, y'know? And Mr. Serious Deuce-kun, too, ri~ght~?

Deuce: I-it's certainly a day you can cut loose a little. And wear cool costumes... I don't think there's anyone in Twisted Wonderland, child or adult, who hates Halloween.

Reese: Well there are some of the people back in New York City and home loved Halloween and some hated it but it's there opinion.

The others chatter and chatter about Halloween it was getting too loud in the classroom even for Professor Cerwel.

Cerwel: Sigh... everyone gets so restless this time of year.

Professor Cerwel swap down his dog collar teaching stick on his desk loudly to quiet down the students from talking so loud. The students including the girls and Grim stop and listen to the professor.

Cerwel: Stay! Be quiet! It is your first Halloween here, so don't play around. Or do you mean to cast doubt upon my discipline? Listen. Halloween is an especially important event for Night Raven College. The "Halloween Week" that is before Halloween... The student body will be holding a stamp rally for our visitors. Each dorm will select a facility on campus to be their stamp rally location and will decorate them appropriately for Halloween. It is important, so the students can all participate "in any way they wish" in this event. So, during that Halloween Week there will be visitors from outside the school walking around campus. You do all understand why we take the extensive trouble of opening up for this kind of event?

Grim: Yeah yeah! I know why! So we can get tons of ticket money!

Reese puts her hand on her forehead and groans.

Reese:🤦‍♀️😠[whispers and groans] You stupid cat. That's stealing. But what the heck.

Cerwel: Incorrect! Taking money from visitors is out of the question! Touring the campus is free. Listen closely. The reason Night Raven College has been able to have such a long history... Is that those that live on this "Philosopher's Isle" understand, cooperate, and look fondly upon the fact that we are cultivating all of you. "Halloween week" Is that those that live on this "Philosopher's Isle" understand, cooperate, and look fondly upon the fact that we are cultivating all of you.We all must focus so as to not expose any laziness!

Grim: A stamp rally, huh. So that's why Lilia was decorating Ramshackle dorm. Feels like a festival, this is awesome!

Ace: Why're you so surprised about all this? We've been hearing about this from the "Halloween Executive Committee" for ages.

Grim: Eh? Executive committee?

Cerwel:To ensure that Halloween runs smoothly, every dorm selects student representatives for this committee. The headmaster spoke about this, did he not?

Grim: Not to us?

Cerwel: What!?...Girls. Have you not heard about this either?

June: No we haven't, professor.

Cerwel: ...I see. Perhaps the headmaster forgot to reach out to Ramshackle dorm?

Reese is getting angry now that the headmaster forget about their dorm. Like the Ramshackle dorm is still abandoned.

Reese: 💢😡 WHY THAT NO GOO-

Luckily June and Spring stopped Reese from getting angry and almost saying the full sentence by covering her mouth in front of the whole classroom.

June: Calm down, Reese!

Spring: Yeah, Ree! Take it easy. Mr.Crowley couldn't have forget about us, right?

Reese: 😤😞Maybe your right, Spring.

Ace: How careless can that guy be!?

Deuce: Ah, but don't worry! The Girls and Grim can ask me anything they need to know about "Halloween Week". Because... I'm on the Halloween executive committee this year!

June and Spring: 😃Congratulations, Deuce!

Reese: 🙂Lucky you.

Ace: Don't brag. It was decided by lottery, after all.

Deuce: Shut up, Ace. It was luck, but dorm head Rosehearts even told me to "do my best", so... I will definitely make Night Raven College's traditional Halloween a success!

Cerwel: It's good that you're eager to do this, but do not let your committee duties be an excuse to ignore your studies.

Deuce: Y-yes. Of course!

Cerwel: In any case, do not get too crazy about Halloween, puppies. Bad boys and girls who don't listen don't get to participate in the party on the 31st.

The girls: Huh?

Grim: What!? Did I just hear the word party!?

Cerwel: On the actual night of Halloween, Night Raven College opens up for a party. As our vistors from outside the school, students, and ghosts all participate, it's a huge huge party.

Grim: S-s-so...There'll be tasty food and awesome food and the best food, right!?

Reese: Geez, Grim always think about food.

Deuce: Apparently catering is ordered from famous chefs so the cafeteria ghosts can have the night off.

Spring: Oh wow!

Ace: Heard that the feast is so big that it's more than anyone can eat. In this one Halloween party pic my brother showed me once, the stuff looked super tasty. It's kinda like our school's prom, a big exciting luxurious event.

Grim: Fnah... a luxurious party! I can't wait for Halloween~!

June: I have a feeling were gonna have the best holiday ever.

Cerwel: [To Reese] And Miss Ki. Try to keep your words to yourself before you shouted out, especially about your teachers.

Reese: 😅Yes, Professor Cerwel.

Cerwel: Good girl. [Back to everyone] All of you. I am certain the next month getting your costumes and decorations ready will be difficult, but... Let's all make this the best Halloween!

All: Yes!

So everyone including the Ramshackle gang are all excited for Halloween next month.

There you have it. Chapter 4 is coming soon. I hope you like it and stay safe.