Balancing the Bijuu

(song---Senya Naruto Shippuden Soundtrack)

Chapter 63 - Balancing the Bijuu

Esunea

"Esunea, can I ask you something?" Naruto spoke to me after I had dealed with the kittens.

"You just did." I pointed out.

"Oh, uh, yeah." He stuttered. "But what I meant to ask is, Are you a Sage?"

"No." I answered right away.

"Why not?" Naruto asked, sounding particuarlly interested in why I hadn't.

"Because that's too time consuming. It would have taken two more years on top of the time I had already been away---and look where that would have gone us." I scoffed. "I wouldn't have been here to seal the Riubi or buy us some time."

Naruto's eyebrows furled. "Time? What do you mean by that?"

"She used the Riubi to scare Madara away,

then put it at bay,

so the Allied Shinobi Force could have it's way,

Yeah~" Bee answered for me.

"I had no idea that you did that for the entire force." Naruto awed at my expert planning.

"I like to stay several steps ahead of my opponets." I shrugged.

"Hey you two, stop chit-chatting on the side,

we don't have time to bide,

so get to the bijuu balance before I hurt your pride." Killer Bee inturrupted our conversation to remind the both of us that time wasn't on our side.

We returned to our meditative states with the kittens watching. I felt myself slip from the real world into the one the Riubi had fashioned for himself. He was as I saw him earlier, front legs crossed and head laying upon them. His large yellow eyes kept a careful watch on me. A blizzard blew around us, only the faint outline of pine trees nearby. The temple he had been locked inside laid in a rubble now, the old seal replaced by the new.

"What pleasure do I owe this visit?" The Riubi asked, an amused look on his face.

"None, other than the contract that I've come to propose." I answered as I stood before him. The cold wind and snow around me didn't effect me in the slightest. It was all an illusion after all.

"I will enter no contract with you." He told me, his eyes closing as if he was going to take a nap.

"Too bad." I shrugged. "It looks like I'll just have to force the chakra out of you."

He opened one eye back up and chuckled. "I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. If I don't want to give my power to you, you don't get it." he explained.