The Deadly Trio and Oh, yeah, Keita Gets Himself in a Spider Web

(song----Never Too Late by Three Days Grace)

Ch8- The Deadly Trio and Keita Gets Himself Stuck in a Spider Web.

"KEITA!" I practically go beserk when I find the poor dope hanging upside down, trapped on a spider web.

"It's not my fault I slipped and fell into their trap!" He cries out in protest.

"What do you mean 'their'. That web was made by a giant spider!" I cry back.

"Holy Frick! Get me down!" he says, struggling and getting himself even more tangled into the web."I'm too young to be a spider's midnight snack!!!"

"Relax!" I comand him.

"It's not like they'd eat you. You're probably all rotten or sour on the inside...." Jun comments absent-mindedly.

"That can't be true! I'm as sweet as can be!" Keita complains."I wonder what I taste like....." He wonders, his voice suddenly sounding distant.

I litterally want to facepalm myself, but I take a deep breath. In no time I have him out of the web, although I let him fall the full thirty feet to the ground and hit his head.

He's rubbing it when I land perfectly on my feet beside him.

"You're even scarier in double, Esunea." Keita says, his head wobbling back and forth.

"Nope, still not fixed." I mutter under my breath. I had hoped dropping on his head would've fixed any damage he had recieved from being dropped on the head as a baby.

"Are you sure you slipped and fell into the web?" Jun asks Keita." There are enough webs to make anyone get stuck if they traveled through the braches around here." He says, taking a look around.

"Then let's get moving then before it gets dusk. That's probably when the giant spiders come out." I inturrupt.

None of them disobey my orders and we travel on ground until the spider webs disappear up above us.

"So where are Team 7?" Keita asked as soon as we were back in the trees.

"They're moving towards Sensei Sanso's dirrection." I replied.

"Does that mean that their scroll told them to find him?" He asked curiously.

It had never occurred to me that both Luarsha's and Chosen's scrolls could be fakes. If that was the case....Sanso had both of the real scrolls. Which meant that only two squads could pass.

"We need to get a move on and stop them before they reach Sanso!" I shouted back to them and sped up my pace.

In reality, I'd been holding back to allow my team mates to keep pace with me. With my sudden burst in speed, Jun and Keita were forced to push themselves to keep up. We were shadows flying through the forest. I'd over calculated how long it would take for us to intersect with the other team. Within minutes, all three of us were locked into battle with individuals.

My katana was locked in with Iyame's, threatening to over take her. I was even in strength to my sensei, but to Iyame I was way much stronger than her. We broke contact after a few seconds of struggling and landed in a clearing of the forest.

We were on a shelf of ground with a waterfall parallel to us. On the other side was Sanso, but he sat with his legs crossed, waiting for our teams to figure out who was fighting who first before he intervined. His eyes were closed and he was in deep meditation. At the sight of her father, Iyame faltered a bit. Luckily for her, I didn't move in to fight. I could feel both our team mates returning to their respective sides.