DEDICATION to Una Stubbs

As you can tell this is not a chapter. It is a dedication.

This fanfiction is dedicated to the fabulous Una Stubbs, who passed away on the 12th of August 2021.

She was the actress who played our beloved Mrs. Hudson in the BBC show "Sherlock".
Mrs. Hudson was the whole reason why I even started this fanfic. The idea of Mrs. Hudson locking Sherlock and John into a room so they can admit their feelings to each other was birthed before the idea of locking them into a closet.

I love Mrs. Hudson for a variety of reasons.
I love her because she is the FIRST Johnlock shipper in the show itself.
I love her because she is the leader of the Johnlock shippers.
I love her because she insists on it too. She could have 'given up' the ship, after John has told her multiple times he is "not gay".
I love her because she is a mother figure to Sherlock and John.
I love her because she could be both: a Hufflepuff and a Slytherin.
I love her because of her humor, her positive energy, her kindness but at the same time for being a sassy badass queen.
I love her for many more reasons.

And, therefore, I love Una Stubbs, for portraying Mrs. Hudson in such a unique and lovable way. I have learnt that the makers of BBC Sherlock did not really know how to portray Mrs. Hudson, and that it was majorly Una Stubbs who had played into inventing and evolving her character.

I have learnt that not only Mrs. Hudson was a mother figure to Sherlock, but also in some way Una to Benedict. I think - as far as I can tell - they had a lovely relationship to each other and it worked into the Mrs. Hudson's character as well.

Mrs. Hudson was a bit of an immortal to me. I never even thought of her not being there for Sherlock and John anymore. And this immortality kinda reflected onto the actress. I am very sorry that she passed away earlier than she should have.

Una Stubbs, I wanna thank you for giving us this lovely character. You will always be in our hearts, even though we don't actually know you.
I am also thinking of family members and friends of this amazing actress.

Rest In Peace, Una.

P.S.: Louise Brealy, who portrays Molly Hooper in BBC Sherlock, wrote this beautiful text, which I added in the picture above. I hope you can see it, if not please let me know.