Dysphoria

What is it?

Gender dysphoria. In my opinion it's one of the hardest things to deal with. It causes anxiety and depression and sometimes leads to self harm and suicide. Typically suicide only happens when your family and/or friends don't accept you, which in all honesty, causes more dysphoria. Gender dysphoria also may cause body dysphoria which is the main dysphoria most people have when having dysphoric episodes.

How does it feel?

Awful. It feels like you're getting stabbed over and over. Like you want to tear your breasts off, stitch a fake penis on. You just want to curl up and never wake up again, you want to just reincarnate as a boy, not a girl. You wish you could pass as a boy. You never want o call or talk because your voice is too high pitched. You never want to go outside because you're not flat enough. You want to constantly punch something to get relief. You want to pinch your skin between your fingers and cut it until you bleed. You want to tie a rope around your neck and hang yourself. You want to take a gun, hold it up to your head, and shoot. You constantly wish you could be 'normal' even though you can't be because no one is normal. You wish you were finally accepted.... that society and your family wouldn't dead name you and use the wrong pronouns... It hurts, it really does. And most people don't understand that.

How to cope with it?

You can't really cope with dysphoria. It's a constant loop of wanting to run away and cry. You can't ever escape dysphoria.

How to help someone when they are feeling dysphoric? (ftm)

DOs

Tell him that he's handsome and that he's amazing

Give him space. He'll message/talk to you when he is ready.

DONTs

Don't tell him he looks masculine. It typically will make him more dysphoric than he already is.

Don't even say pronouns or his deadname around a family that uses them. It'll also make him more dysphoric.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all. I hope this helped people who don't experience dysphoria understand it better. 

And for those who experience it, you aren't alone. Seek help and maybe get a gender thrapist. :]

Bye guys, make sure to eat drink, and stay safe. You are amazing and loved <3