3

Emery

My friends and I decided to go to a cafe after school. I drink my coffee and eat my avocado toast with my friends in the coffee shop and I get a text from my mom if I could go pick up Auden from school and I don't wanna leave my friends so I text her that I'm with them. I wouldn't do that if I was texting my dad cause he'd go ape shit but my mom won't do anything.

We sit there for another about 20 minutes when I see an all black BMW suv pull up and my dad get out.

"O my god what the fuck" I say

"What?" My friend Kayla says concerned

"Why is my dad here?" I say

"O my god your dad is so hot." Ava pipes in

I give her glare. It's just awkward when my friends complement my dad on his looks.

He comes storming and looks down at me "emery  let's go we're leaving now." He says sternly

"What why" I question

"Because I said so." And he turns around and leaves and I follow and look back at my friends and raise my shoulders. I walk out and get in the car. He seems so mad right now.

I hop in and buckle up and he just starts driving.

"So are you gonna tell me why you dragged me out of there and embarrassed me?" I break the silence.

"Because emery you have to learn that when you totally disrespect someone there will be consequences."

"Who did I disrespect!?" I raise my voice

"your mother emery, you told her you can't pick up your brother because you were with her friends."

"Wait what about my car!" I questions concerned

I drive a white Jeep Wrangler with red interior

"You can get your damn car later." He says sternly and continues to drive home.

We pull up to the townhouse and I get out and storm inside and to my room walking right past my mom in the kitchen.

I get in my room and sit at my desk, finish my homework and open my book I'm reading. At around 7 knocks roughly on my door saying strongly "dinner emery, come eat now." I throw on a pair of black brandy Melville sweats and a black hoodie and throw my hair in messy bun. I head downstairs and sit at the table.

My mom made veggie pasta with chicken, one of my favorites but I'm not that hungry cause I had coffee and avocado toast at the coffee shop.

"Emery, eat now" my dad says sternly, he uses that so much that I'm not scared of it as much as I used to be.

"Not hungry" I say as I continue to pick at my food.

"I didn't ask if you were hungry, I was telling you to eat."

"Well now I'm telling you that I'm not hungry." I come back

He slams his fist down on the table and Auden and I shake.

"Hardin calm down." Shes pissed

She runs her hand up and down and his bicep and he begins to slowly calm down.

"Emery bang please just eat your dinner." My mom says

"O my god fine" I groan as I start to eat the pasta. The rest of dinner goes by fine, but kinda awkward cause of the fight. After dinner I head upstairs and do my skincare and continue to read my book. At around 9:00 I put my book down and turn on some criminal minds on my tv and watch it until midnight and drift off the sleep.