Chapter 2 - Part 2

"Oh my word" I gulped. "What ?" Madison asked curiously. "This boy literally just followed, liked and commented on my post, and DMed me" I said as my eyes grew wide. "Shut up, you're lying" Madison scoffed. I then slid my phone towards her and watched as her eyes grew wide. "No frikken way" she said as her jaw dropped and then looked up at me. "Wait let me see" Elena said as she looked at the post. "Well shit just got real" she half laughed.

"What did he DM you ?" Madison asked. "I have no idea" I shrugged unbothered. "Well open it !" she added in an obvious tone. "Are you mad ? He literally just DMed her. She should just delay opening it as long as she can. He made her look like a fool, time to do the same" Elena said. "She got a point" I pursed my lips.

At this point it was playing at the back of my mind that he actually sent me a DM on Instagram. I was really trying to fight the urge to open it immediately, thanks to Madison and Elena for distracting me that I got carried away with their stories and continued to eat. "Guys" I disrupted them. "Yeah" they answered in unison. "What if I left him on read ?" I pressed my lips together. I was trying to hide my smile, it's devious and better than ignoring him. Madison snapped her fingers at me, "Oh my god. YES !" "Oh my word why didn't we think of that sooner !" Elena said in shock. "Well open it already !" Madison rushed me.
My thumb lingered over his DM for a few seconds before opening it.

landonorris
Didn't think you were going to post that 😅

"That's it ?" Elena asked confused. "I guess it is" I half laughed. "You should just say okay" Madison stifled a laugh. "Ooh that would be funny..but I feel silence is better right now" I said as I closed the app and locked my phone "This would be a very interesting love story" Elena smirked. "Ha ha. No" I faked a smile.

"I hate to say it, but I gotta admit you guys would be cute" Madison added. "In what way ? Are y'all forgetting he practically embarrassed me by rejecting me in front of his friends and more importantly in front of you guys when it was all just a dare, and on top of that I told him it was a dare" I rolled my eyes. "Okay you're right..you're right. That was wrong. Back to hating him" Madison laughed. "Thank you !" I said in an obvious tone.

After that commotion, we had our lunch and went onto shopping. In that period of shopping I completely forgot about my phone and was just enjoying my time with the girls. It didn't struck me that during this time he actually DMed me again and I wasn't phased to notice. It wasn't until we were back in the car, and it was already pretty late in the evening, that I finally checked my phone.

"Dudes. He sent me another DM" I froze in the passenger seat. "How long ago did he send this DM ?" Elena asked. "About 2 hours ago" I said slightly anxious. "Well what are you waiting for now ? Open it !" Madison yelled in curiosity then glanced at my phone.

landonorris
Are you ignoring me ? 🤔 👀

"Oh no. He's one of those guys" Madison shook her head. "The type that loves attention" Elena added as she rolled her eyes. "Exactly girl !" they high fived whilst I stared at the message. "Sooo what are you gonna say ?" Elena eagerly rubbed her hands together. "Just going to say yes. Simple as that" I shrugged.

sophia.xo
Yes, yes I am 🙂

"Petty and very childish, but you know what ? I'm enjoying it. Sort out y'all's differences and get together before you know who will claim him" Madison said just before finally driving away. "Voldemort ?" I asked seriously. "It's official, that's now her new code name !" Elena squealed and burst out laughing.

"Please be careful when using this code name because I'm not the one who said to call her that" I said as I held my hands up in defence. "Girlll...we ain't that stupid to talk about Voldemort when she's right there" Madison said in an obvious tone. I tried to be serious but couldn't help myself and burst out laughing. "Y'all are too much" I shook my head. "What can I say, we're the best" Elena shrugged proudly.