Chapter 3 - Part 1

Madison and Elena ended up spending their evening with me watching movies and eating pizza until we saw that it was 9pm and we had to bid farewell to each other. In those hours I spent with the girls, I totally forgot about Itzan and it only hit me when my phone started to ring.

I squeezed my eyes shut, "I know I know, I should've phoned" I answered. "I was genuinely worried about you, if you weren't going to answer then I was going to drive over to your place to check if you're alive" he said dramatically. "I swear you act like my dad more than my actual dad" I rolled my eyes. "Sorry for caring" he said annoyed. "Like I said, I'm sorry I was busy. Did you miss me that much ?" I asked. "Not really, I was actually just bored and I thought you'd spill some tea" he said casually.

"Hmm thanks for bringing that up, let me actually go make some right now" I said as I put my phone on speaker and walked to the kitchen. "Ooh this should be interesting" he said playfully. "Soo what did I last tell you ?" I thought to myself. "Are you telling me so much happened already that you didn't tell me yet ?" He asked shocked. "Okay okay I remember. So-" "You disgust me" he said in disbelief. "Anywayyyy" I said louder over the phone as I made myself a cup of tea.

"He actually followed me, commented on my recent post and DMed me. We went back and forth the whole day, basically he apologised and he wants to make up for it. He even asked for my number because he has a surprise like gift I guess for me. Now that reminds me, I left him on read." Oops I guess.

"So that all happened today ?" He asked shocked. "Yepp" I said casually as I sipped my tea. "Jeez. That's a bit much. I cant believe though that you left Lando Norris, might I remind you he's the F1 driver that we watch on Sundays in the Mclaren, you left him on read" he reminded me. "So what... Actually you know what's hilarious now that I think about it. The reason this became an issue is because he didn't want to fake giving his number to me and now he's the one DMing me for my number. I- make it make sense man" I said I blew my own mind after putting it all together. Itzan burst out laughing after I finished talking. "This is too funny, it's like something out of a movie" he said as his cries died down.

"See now it's valid for me to be petty because he made me look like an idiot by not letting me win my dare and now here he is looking like an absolute clown in my DMs asking for my number" I said as I walked back to the lounge and sat on the couch. "I think you should just look past it. It's race week after all. We don't want you breaking his heart and affecting his performance on track now" he joked. "Ha ha.. yeah right. I'm sure he has plenty of other girls lined up in his DMs who wish they received the DMs that I did" I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure your friend Lucy would kill to be you right now" he said. "We all acknowledged that the day she laid eyes on him at the golf course" I sighed. "Hey ! What if he wants your number because he wants to invite you to a race ? Dude if you get tickets and you don't want to go then pass them my way" he said in all seriousness.

"Why would he even invite me ? If you read our messages, you'd literally think that I'm over confident and a diva" I half laughed. "But you are" he stated. "You're so lucky you're not here right now because you would've been dead" I said with a fake smile even though he couldn't see me. "You know you love me" he said sweetly. "No, I just tolerate you. Any who, it's getting late and I need to be up early for uni..I'll call you tomorrow after uni" I said as I left my empty mug in the sink. "Yeah same. Good night. See ya some time this week" he muffled. "Sure. Alright byeee" I said lastly before ending the call.

I got ready for bed and for once I wasn't in the least bit tired which isn't like me. I hate to say it but it's definitely Lando's DM that's playing on my mind right now. I opened his DM and read his last message again. To reply or not to reply ?

sophia.xo
I find it funny how you want my number now after you couldn't even fake type yours on my phone 😂

I sent it with no hesitation, he should see that now he looks like a fool. Oh how the tables have turned. The only thing that could possibly help me sleep right now is reading a book. I started reading my last unfinished book which I didn't get that far since I was disrupted by my notifications going off. Lando DMed me back. Oh my days. Okay well I'll just wait a while before opening it.