Prolouge: The Age of Camelot; Together

A/n: there are going to be a lot of time skips.
———————————————————————————
The trees are green and filled with life in a little forest within Britain. The birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming, animals graze and nature shows us it's beauty. Nothing could possibly ruin this beauty.

"Come on Y/n! You need to hurry up!"

"Artoria, wait for me! I'm not as fast as you are."

Ah. I stand corrected. The one who spoke first, is a little girl, no older than eight. She has golden hair and green eyes, and a smile upon her face that no one could say no to. Her name, Artoria. The other one, who was far behind her and gasping for breath, was a boy of the same age. He had H/c hair and E/c eyes, despite his current breathlessness, he was strong for his age. Although Artoria always seemed to be stronger. His name, Y/n. They were both heading to a spot in the woods that they have claimed as there own, and it's become there own little kingdom. The two had known each other sense birth, and were inseparable.

After a short amount of time the two friends had made it to a small hill that was their main area for play, and began going to the top. Artoria was the first to get there, Y/n shortly after. Once he reached the top he fell down and rolled onto his back breathing heavily and panting for air. Artoria watched him and snickered, causing him to stick his tounge out at her in retaliation.

"Why are you so slow Y/n?"

Y/n scoffed at her question, "Me slow? Please, your just really fast, and I let you get here first anyway. I could beat you here any day. I think." He said the last part to himself quietly, though Artoria heard it and a smug smile grew across her face. "You know Y/n, one day when I become a knight, I can train you and you can finally keep up with me!" She said joyfully. A small frown grew across Y/n's face, and he asked her, "But, would people let you become a knight? I've never heard of a girl knight before." Artoria was taken aback. She looked down and a frown crossed her face, "I never really thought about that...." There was a small silence between them but a large smile soon appeared on Artoria's face, "Then I'll find a way and BE the First Lady knight! And then, I can train you and we can be knights together!" She brought her hand down to the boy. Y/n smiled and put his hand in hers, "Together."
———————————————————————————
Time skip 8 years

On the outskirts of a town, we find Artoria, standing before a stone, with a sword stabbed into it. She is sixteen know, and so to is her friend behind here. The swords name was Caliburn. And it had been placed there by Merlin as a test. Whoever should pull the sword from the stone would be named King and Savior of Britain. A few hours before, many had tried to loose the sword from the stone, but all had failed. They then decided to hold a jousting tournament to decide who would be king, because none were interested in becoming a savior for the people of Britain. Artoria felt drawn to the blade, and she seemed to know what Fate had in store for her. Y/n however, was skeptical. "Are you sure about this? If you do actually pull the sword from the stone, that'll make you king. But what will everyone else say? If they find out your a girl, they'll kill you and take the sword." Artoria was silent and turned towards her friend.

"Y/n. We've known each other forever. Would I ever do something I didn't think or plan through?"

"No, but-" Y/n was cut off by Artoria when she put her hand on his shoulder. She smiled at him, causing a small blush to cross his face. "I promise you that nothing bad will happen. This-" she turned towards the sword, "is my destiny. I can feel it." She faced Y/n once more. "And no matter what happens, through thick and thin, we'll do it together." Y/n was silent for a moment, but let out a sigh, and smiled, "Together."