Chapter 08 - Trouble

Y/n sat on the edge of her bed, looking out the window as a soft tune from The Smiths plays on her nearly worn out record player, topping off the overall gloomy mood you'd instantly catch the second you were to step in the room.

It was absolutely pouring outside, but Y/n didn't mind, since the rain brought her more peace and comfort, giving her the feeling that she doesn't need to be productive at the moment, sitting by the window and gazing out while getting completely lost in random thoughts is enough.

It was exactly 20 minutes before school started, and Y/n decided to read a bit of her book while waiting for Louis to text her letting her know that he was ready so they could walk there together. You can say it was an everyday thing for the two teenagers.

The more time passed, the less Y/n wanted to go. She'd only been in the school for three weeks—though it may not seem like a lot, it was still a burden for the girl. Just waking up in the morning and getting startled by her alarm was dreading. But it was nothing new. She had lost motivation in almost every piece of work she was assigned to do, didn't talk to anyone besides Louis and Caleb, was called antisocial and an introvert, and last but not least: hardly even slept during the night. She was always exhausted and could barely keep her eyes open in the day.

After a while, she got a text from Louis announcing that he was outside. Lazily getting up and putting her shoes on, she grabbed her backpack and hurried down the stairs and outside, not caring to turn off the music from the player.

"Hey," Louis greets as he looks up to her walking out the front door. "Wanna get coffee? We have some time."

The girl shakes her head. "No thanks, I'm fine." She gives a weak smile and starts walking.

"Well, you look mentally and physically worn out. Are you okay?" He notices the tired look in her eyes as they walk.

"I don't get any sleep, so my mental and physical health is all over the place right now. It's hard to deal with."

"Why don't you? Not trying to be a parent here but, you need some rest. It's important!"

"I can't get rest when tons of assignments and homework are getting thrown at my face here and there, keeping me stressed which keeps me up all night." She deeply sighs, "I know, and I'm sorry. I'm just not the best at the moment, you know?"

"I get it. We should get some coffee, then. Come on."

Louis glances at Y/n, noticing she didn't bring an umbrella. Guess she doesn't mind getting wet; how odd.. he thought.

"Didn't bring an umbrella, huh?"

"Nope, I could care less. This is all natural water, anyway." She laughs and thanks him for holding the door for her as she enters the coffee shop.

-

Once they get their drinks, they head outside and continue walking to school.

Y/n stares at the ground, biting the top of her cup. Sighing, she turns her head to glance at Louis and sucks her teeth.

"Hey, do you even want to go? To the... school?" She asks him, stopping in her tracks and taking a sip of the caffeine.

He turns around and steps closer to her. "No, I really don't. But it's not like I have a choice, you know?"

"Mhm. Listen, how about we... skip? And instead of going, we just hang out and do whatever."

He raises one of his eyebrows, tilting his head to the side. "Are you out of your mind? You know I would never even dare to ditch class."