Chapter 18 - Blink of an Eye

Sunday came by in the blink of an eye. After a total of 16 hours, Y/n was back in London.

She was more jet-lagged than ever before. Her feet hurt so much it was like all she did during the week was run a marathon each day for 12 hours.

Tiredly dragging her feet up the stairs, the girl stopped and turned to her father. "Oh, wait, Dad I got you what you wanted." She grabs a medium-sized bag from her side and pulls out a large piece of bread wrapped in a few napkins. "Here, your baguette."

The man stops for a second and smiles, taking the bread from her hand. "You really got me one? Thank you, sweetie."

Y/n nods. "It's not exactly the one that got stolen from you, but it's still a baguette, right?" She lets out a small laugh.

"Indeed." Her father happily takes a bite out of it and goes in the living room.

Y/n smiles to herself as she continues walking up the stairs, into her bedroom.

She drops her luggage down on the ground and lazily takes her jacket off, setting it on the top of her chair in front of her desk.

Seeing her phone poke out from one of her bags in the corner of her eye, she hesitatingly picks it up and turns it on.

6 days ago

9 messages from: Lou Lou😋🤩
📞6 missed calls from: Lou Lou😋🤩

5 days ago

10 messages from: Maya💃🤍

'Goodness Gracious.'  Y/n silently curses at herself as she reads all the notifications.

She holds her thumbs up to the screen to reply but stops herself.
'What do I even say?' She questions herself.

Declining the idea and soon giving up, she puts the device down and turns to her bed. The girl covers half her body with one of her fluffy blankets, and closes her eyes in satisfaction, due to the warm and comfortable heat the blanket was already giving her as it hovered over her cold, exhausted body.

-

I wake up to the bright sunshine hitting my skin. Slowly getting up from my bed, my feet meet the freezing hardwood floor, making me regret not putting socks on. I almost drag myself to my bathroom and brush my teeth, then fix my hair a bit. When I'm done, I go to my closet and pull out an oversized cardigan to wear.

I walk downstairs discreetly and check to see if there's anybody there.
Nope, no sight of a brother or dad.

I open the door and step outside. As I check my watch, it's revealed that it's only a little past noon. Gee, I guess I didn't have to be so quiet when getting out of the house.

I decide to go to Louis' house. After all, I do know my final decision now—whether I want us to be a thing, or not.

I couldn't bring myself to knock. My fist immediately freezes as I hold it up to the door, a swarm of thoughts entering my mind.

Just take a deep breath. Get it over with.

He won't be mad at me after all, right?

Who even knows.

Finally knocking on his front door, I bite my lip so hard I could almost taste blood. I feel so nervous. I feel my stomach turn upside down, along with heart beating rapidly; so loud that even I, myself could hear it with my own ears.