Chapter 22 - Concert (Part 1)

Y/N

"Good morning starshine," Maya greets from the kitchen, eating a pop tart as I walk down the stairs, "The earth says hello!"

"Hey, I remember that movie! Still obsessed with it, I see." I state, referring to 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. 
"Are there any more pop tarts left?"

"Ooo nope, sorry. I forgot that the blueberry ones were your favorite." She apologizes, carrying her empty plate to the sink so she can wash it.

"Eh it's alright," I say with a smile. "I'll have a bagel and strawberries instead."

"I haven't had bagels in such a long time. I forgot what they taste like."

"They taste like bread. Well, not like any other bread, exactly. A different bread, a good different."

"Oh my gosh you're so helpful! Thanks a lot!" She laughs as she sits on the couch and turns on the television.

When I'm done making my bagel, I sit beside her on the couch and try to ignore the fact that she's watching the weather channel.

"I know what you're thinking, Y/n," Maya comments as she holds up the remote to finally switch the content, "sorry if that was boring. It just rains so much more here than it does in New York. Usually, it's just really cold there and rains every three weeks or so."

"No it's okay, but just so you know, Grey's Anatomy plays around this time and you might have missed some of it..."

"You're kidding! Put it on put it on!!" She eagerly demands, handing me the remote.

Grey's Anatomy was one of her favorite shows when we were back in France, it still is, I'm sure. We didn't have Netflix back at home but it was on the television every late morning, and when I tell you she never missed an episode, she never missed an episode.

After about 35 minutes, she got bored and started scrolling through Instagram. However, I stayed staring at the tv. Who knew a show like this would be so intriguing...? Not to mention, in all the times I watched the show before, I never really understood the gibberish they were saying in their dialogue.

"Oh by the way," Maya speaks, looking up from her device, "I got us tickets to a live concert!"

I turn my head, raising my eyebrows. This is totally unexpected...

"You're obviously kidding. Nice try."

"Nope, I'm really not. I got them a week ago, when I had this whole trip planned. I saw that Coldplay was having a show here, maybe an hour from here? I know how much you love them so I decided to get us tickets. I got 4 in total, you, me, your boyfriend, and an extra if you want to bring someone else along with us." She explains with a light smile.

"You're not kidding," I called out after a moment of silence. "I can't believe you did this, thank you, so so much. You really didn't have to, you know that right?"

"Mhm. But I wanted to. It was about time I come down here. Up here, actually."

"Thank you thank you thank you." I shuffle across the couch to give her a hug and smile.

"My pleasure. Oh hey, what if you tagged your boyfriend's friend along? Caleb, if I remember correctly?"

"I'm certain he would love to."

"Perfect! Oh shoot- I forgot to get a ticket for Noah..." Maya lightly hits the side of her head with frustration.

"Don't worry about it, he's not that into the band anyway. Remember?" I recall to the time when I showed him the Vinyl record I got with several of their songs. He just replied with "Hm. Nice."