Chapter 23 - Concert (Part 2)

Y/N

"We're finally here!" Maya eagerly shouts from behind me, when Louis parks the car.

She was right. We were here. In front of the place where I am about to see one of my favorite bands play.

I have to say... this, this is going to be the best night ever.

(sadly, i have never been to a concert in my life so i don't know how the whole entry thing works but thankfully my amazing friend mariana gave me some ideas so shoutout to her<33)

—UPDATE: i went to my first concert in january and it was the most amazing thing ever—

We all step out of the car and smile brightly at each other, looking around.

"I forgot to tell you guys that it's all outside, there's no arena to go into. My bad." Maya stated, shrugging.

As my eyes lay on the view in front of us, it was outdoors. I hadn't noticed. But eh, who cares? I don't mind.

"It's fine, the weather's not too bad anyway so I don't really care." Caleb says, shrugging as well.

"There's a huge spot in the very front! Hurry, let's take it before anyone else does!!" I demand, taking Louis' hand in mine and feverishly leading him to the available space.

"Wait, you have to be here for the ticket entry-" Maya shouts from afar, "andd she's already gone."

When I get there, I stop for a moment to take in everything I'm seeing. A ginormous stage in front of me, four microphones, a piano keyboard with a small stool behind it, along with several neon lights beaming down, two of them reflecting down on a stunning drum set that rests underneath a sign that reads 'COLDPLAY' in bold letters. I can't believe I'm actually here.

I snap out of my admiration, hearing a voice speak through the four squared radio speakers that sit above every head in the audience, in every corner of the stage. "Welcome everyone, thank you so much for coming! I am here to announce that our band Coldplay will start performing in 7 minutes!"

The voice stops speaking, allowing the whole space suddenly being filled with everyone joyfully cheering and shouting.

Louis gently squeezes my hand, "You ready?"

I nod, feeling my heart beat louder and louder, faster and faster than ever before, "I'm more than ready."

-

All the surrounding lights turn off, making everything turn pitch black. With an eager smile forming on my face, there's still a part of me that's a bit scared. I can't see or hear anything.

Out of the blue, the neon lights turn back on, showing the four members of the band posing with their instruments on stage as if they teleported when the lights turned off. The crowd immediately roars and goes wild, as the first song starts playing: 'In My Place'.

"I absolutely love this song!" I exclaim to Louis, over the loud crowd behind us.

"Me too!" He answers, before singing along to the lyrics with the audience, as I do as well.

In my place, in my place,
We're lines that I couldn't change,
I was lost, oh yeah.

I was lost, I was lost,
Crossed lines I shouldn't have crossed,
I was lost, oh yeah.

Yeah, how long must you wait for it?
Yeah, how long must you pay for it?
Yeah, how long must you wait for it?
Oh, for it...

The song later ends, everyone (including me) continues cheering after the music stops, with a bit of "WHOO"'s, and "YEAHHH"'s following along in the very back.

"How's everyone this evening?!" The member in the front, which must be Chris, shouts into his microphone while holding up a peace sign in the air.

"GOOD," everyone shouts back.

"That's awesome, alright I just want to thank you all for coming tonight, it is an absolute privilege for the four of us to play for you. We appreciate the support, and, yeah, we'll continue our next song."

Putting the microphone back into its place, he picks up his guitar and the song starts playing.

A few tears escape my eyes, as the humming sound of the electric guitar waves towards the audience, revealing which song this is. One of my number one favorites.

Louis and I look at each other, jumping up and down like young teenage girls before meeting their Hollywood crush.

Look at the stars,
Look how they're shining for you,
and everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow.
I came along, I wrote a song for you.
And all the things you do,
And it was called yellow.

"Louis, I'm so happy," I marveled, turning to him as everyone continues singing, our bodies swaying to the calm rhythm.

"I'm happy you're happy," he tells me, taking my other hand in his, "You know there's something I've been needing to tell you..."

"What is it?"

"You're my yellow. You always have been." He lovingly smiles at me, as more tears leave my eyes.

"Totally not cringing at what you just said," I joke, sheepishly looking away. "Oh I'm kidding, that's actually... kinda cute."

"I love you." He confesses.

My heart stops as the grin on my face spreads even wider. Cupid just shot an arrow through my heart.

"I love you too," I respond, feeling his cold breath hitting my face.

"I love you even more," he leans closer to me and finally locks his lips with mine.

Your skin,
oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful,
Did you know, you know I love you so.
You know I love you so.

——————————————————
Gia's note-

one or two more chapters leftttt ahh !

lowkey proud of this though ???? 😍
and yes Maya got in after all, her and Caleb were vibing:)