Chapter 6

An: Thank you for reading my book 😊

I rolled my eyes and walked past Crusty to my wardrobe grabbing a change of clothes. He grabbed my arm before I could walk back out.

"We need to talk," He said.

"About what?"

"About Kurogiri. Earlier you said something was off with him."

"Did I?" I responded with an air of indifference.

"Yes. I didn't want to say anything before, but yes I noticed he was off too." He said releasing my arm. "He doesn't usually drop things."

"So? What are you going to do about it?" I replied. Am I becoming his therapist too?

"I don't know. I'm not really good at human interaction."

"You can say that again."

"Shut up," he growled. "Kurogiri is the only person who cares about me. I'm worried about him."

"Did you ever tell him how you feel?" I asked sitting on my bed.

"Why would I do that?"

"Are you serious?"

"What do you mean? Doesn't he already know?"

"How would he know if you never told him?"

"I…I. He's smart he'll figure it out." He said defensively.

"Are you sure?"

"No, but if I tell him he's gonna laugh at me." He replied scratching his neck.

"Do you really think he'll do that? Has he ever laughed at you before?"

"No, but I've never told him about my f…fe…fee…" he stuttered.

"Feelings?"

"Yes. Feelings." He repeated with disdain. "What if he…"

"He won't."

"Wha…"

"He won't." I said again.

"How do you know?"

"Because Kuro wouldn't do that."

"But what if he does? What if he only sees me as an annoyance?" He said scratching his neck even harder making his neck bleed.

I stood up and grabbed his hands preventing him from harming himself more. "He doesn't think of you as an annoyance."

"How would you know?" Crusty shrieked struggling to get out of my grasp. "He's always getting me out of trouble from my plans. My plans that fail. I'm nothing but a failure. I'm just a weak crybaby who can't do anything."

"I can't really deny that last sentence, but I can tell you that he doesn't see you like that. If you asked, I'm 100% sure he'd tell you the exact same thing." I said trying to calm him down.

He looked at me with unfocused eyes. I could tell he was panicking by the way he was breathing. I gently wrapped my arms around him and set him on the ground so he couldn't fall and hurt himself. Aren't I so nice? Helping him out. He curled up in a small ball crying. I tried to think of ways to calm him down but couldn't think of anything good. Finally, I decided to pull him into a hug and stroke his hair as I told him niceties. It seemed to work as he started to relax.

Once he calmed down, I sighed and grabbed my handy dandy first aid kit to treat his new wounds on his neck. After I was finished, I could tell he was tired so I picked him up. Thanks to my training he wasn't heavy at all.

"Wha…what are you doing?" He asked sleepy now that he wasn't panicking.

"Taking you to your room." I said walking out of my room.

While walking to his room, I passed Kuro who was holding a glass of water. I could tell he was about to ask what happened, but I motioned for him to be silent as I took him into his room. I set him on his bed and tucked him in like I was his mother. I quietly left his room shutting his door behind me bumping into a very concerned Kuro.

"What happened?"