Chapter 6

After training ended and all returned to HQ, Mando and Mikasa went to their new room for the night as the next day they'll be heading back home. Erwin told him that soon, he'll have an answer if he can go with them on an expedition. Mando suspected he passed but left that aside since Mikasa still had a question...

Mikasa:"Can I go to Petra's house one day?" She asked. Mando stopped in his tracks while walking to their room when asked.

Mikasa:"Papa?"

Mando:"No."

Mikasa:"What, why?"

Mando:"Listen, Erwin and Levi seem to trust her but I don't even know her well yet. You three may have talked for a bit while walking around but like I've said, I still don't know her nor do I trust her." He resumed walking while answering her question. She seemed upset by this reply but he continued,

Mando:"If I get to know her more then sure but until then no. You have Eren and his friend back home waiting for you to return."

Mikasa:"Are you not coming back?"

Mando:"I will but if Erwin accepts me into the Scouts then I'll be gone for longer periods. If that happens then you'll have to get use to being without me being by your side." He explained. This didn't bode too well with the young girl as she started to panic.

Mikasa:"No!" She yelled attracting the attention of passing Scouts.

Mikasa:"I don't want you to leave! I don't want to be alone again! " She yelled again, Mando quickly grabbed her hand and rushed to their room, shutting the door to not cause anymore attention.

Mando:"Kid, calm down! I won't be ditching you if that's what you think." Mikasa seemed to relax at his response and questioned him again.

Mikasa:"Then you promise me that you'll stay with me?" She asked. Mando hesitated for a split second as he doesn't even know whether or not he would actually stay. Back when he first took on the role of a parent, he grew so attached to the kid that it affected him heavily when that same kid left to join his kind. He quickly snapped out of it and responded.

Mando:"I...I promise I'll be by your side, Mikasa." He replied. He waited for a response but unexpectedly heard her cry, she latched onto him tightly.

Mikasa:"I love you papa."

Mando:"There, there, calm down." He patted her back. She calmed down and started to become drowsy from exhaustion.

Mikasa:"Thank you...thank you, papa....for saving me..." She was then knocked out from pure exhaustion after today's events. Behind his helmet, a small smile made it's way onto his face as he was yet again viewing this child as his own.

Mando:"Thank you, kid. You helped me out too, goodnight." He patted her head and gently tucked her in.
-------

The next morning.

Mikasa started to wake, still drowsy from yesterday. She noticed she was tucked in bed and that her father wasn't next to her. Freaking out, she quickly shot up from her bed while looking around the room only to spot him asleep in a chair, still fully armored and helmet on his head. She quietly made her way out of bed and over to where he was sitting at to look underneath his helmet. After being by his side for a while now, she's grown curious to see what he looks like underneath. As she got closer to him, she stopped and thought what would happen if she were to anger him. Mikasa stopped and decided to look at his gear that laid beside the bed she slept on. While looking through his stuff, she found an object of sorts that looked like a hilt, tucked away into his belt. As she went to grab it, her father's voice caught her by surprise.