Chapter 13

Erwin:"Din, I'm sure she'll be alright, the training may be tough but it'll be nothing for her. I know the training commander there too so if you need anything, let me know."

Din:"Thanks but I'll be fine. I've just grown attached to the kid to the point that it's hard seeing her leave for the first time without me." Erwin put his hand on his friend's shoulder to put him at ease.

Erwin:"Like I've said, she'll be fine, my friend. You've certainly raised her to be a strong young lady, I doubt anybody will give her a challenge."

Din:"I suppose you're right..."

Din and Erwin were both looking outside a window watching a carriage leave with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa to Cadet Training. As a father, it was a new experience letting her leave without him being by her side. A part of him was proud for her wanting to join him but an even larger part of him wanted to stop the carriage. Sighing, he walked off with Erwin to continue preparing and training the new unit.

________

Armin:"Mikasa?"

Mikasa:"Huh?"

Armin:"Are you alright? You've been quiet for a while now."

Eren:"Yeah, usually you'd tell me to quiet down or something."

Mikasa:"I'm fine." The boys looked at her in worry but she was just simply remembering departing with her father not long ago. Mikasa grabbed onto her red scarf and resolved herself to continue forward on her journey.

Mikasa:'I have to make dad proud. I have to make them proud too.'

Armin felt something was wrong with her so he decided to reassure his good friend.

Armin:"I'm sure we'll come back as first rate cadets! Right, Eren?"

Eren:"You bet!

Mikasa:"Hehe, you're right. We'll come back better and stronger than before." Armin was happy to see her in high spirits but Eren had to ruin the happy moment.

Eren:"Eh? But you're already stronger and better than us? You could pass off for a beast!"

Mikasa:"Eren...shut up or I'll hit you."

Eren:"Eep! Armin, help me!" He scooted as close as he could to Armin. Armin just rubbed the back of his while awkwardly laughing.

Armin:'Well at least this will be fun...I hope."
________

Din ignited the Dark Saber and starred down several targets in front of him. These targets were a combination of wooden titan dummies as well as human dummies. To keep up his skills and improve, he practiced everyday with the DarkSaber to further his skill on the weapon. The practice sessions with the Armorer helped him to find his flaws and work on them. In order to master the blade, he must first master his emotions to keep the blade light. If he failed to do so, then the blade would be heavier and heavier to wield.

Hange:"Hoh! This is exciting to see, a new weapon on the battlefield!! Ahaha, Moblit, make sure you write down notes!"

Moblit:"Of course, Captain!" He pulled out a notebook as quick as he could and jotted down everything about the weapon. Levi came up on the two to spectate Din's practice session, intrigued by his fighting style.

Hange:"Interesed, Levi?"

Levi:"More or less." He said. Even for a man with a poker face, Hange could tell what he was feeling by watching Din.

Hange:"Aw, does little Levi think he's being replaced?"

Levi:"Little? Get yourself cleaned before you start making fun of me, grease monkey." He retorted. This little remark set off Hange as she started going off on him.