| Gundham Tanaka x Denial!Depressed{?}!Reader |

/Title/
They'll Come Back

|Disclaimer|
S^icidal Speech{?}, Denial {?}, DR:2 Spoilers

• Universe •
DR: 2

\Requested By\
N/A

If the rule preventing you from sleeping outside of the cabin wasn't there, you'd probably spend every night outside the trial entrance with a blanket. It just didn't seem right to you, to leave their bodies there from their executions. Surely they'd like a bit of company. Surely, this was all a game and they were just behind the door.

You stayed leaned up against the entrance, legs curled in as you stared at the sand below your feet. You mindlessly let the sand soak your fingers with warmth, shifting it to give you some touch of reality. Though, how could that be possible, anyway? This all felt so surreal, so... impossible.

"Peko would like to make sandcastles, maybe," you said mindlessly. "And... And Teruteru would love to make some food for a beach night, while Mahiru takes pictures and... Byakuya protects us..." your soft smile began to fade, but you forced it to stay, not matter how hard and fake it felt.

They'd come back. You knew they would. One day, they'd come back. And everything will be back to normal, like when before Monokuma appears. When only Monomi was around to spread cheer.

It will be over soon.

Hearing some shifting in the sand, you blinked and slowly bright your head up. A very slow movement, feeling sick heavy yet also so light at the same time. You were met with a darker figure blocking the light, which was much appreciated given that you had been baking there for hours.

You gave a slow, tired blink as you studied the animal lover before you. Your forced smile grew a bit bigger, as if you say 'hey! Look at me! I'm alright, big guy! See?' Though, despite the convincing smile plastered on your facade, the Breeder narrowed his eyes in suspension. Yet, so much emotion, nothing was said between the two of you.

You didn't dare look away, or utter a work unbeknownst of your own fear of breaking. Why would you break in front of the boy? He'd probably take it with pride, say you were right to quiver before him. Though, the smile was starting to hurt, and even with the sun being blocked your eyes began to hurt from the exposure to the sun.

No words were spoken, yet he was so loud.

I wish Mahiru was here. Maybe she'll be here soon.

"Why must you lie here, mortal?" He questioned, blinking as he crossed his arms. You glanced toward his arms, finding them neatly {and very securely} tucked over his chest. His rings were hidden, and even without looking from his posture you could feel his gaze.

You wondered silently to yourself, wondering how he could stand in the sun for so long with so many layers of clothes. Wasn't he hot? Didn't he sweat? This was a tropical island, right?

Realizing you hadn't said anything, you looked back up to his gaze. What were you supposed to say to him? Why were you sitting by the entrance all the time?

For a moment, you felt your smile brighten to a semi-real one. "I'm waiting." You said, feeling a heavy sink in your chest at your own response.