2. SALIVA ANGEL

Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.....................my alarm clock is really jealous of my relationship with my bed. It does its job perfectly.  One of the hateful things ever is waking up early. It's not a big deal to stay up the whole night but waking up after sleep, is the hardest. I pull myself together as it's the day of a new journey. I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth, had a bathe and dressed in a white shirt and black denim putting a pony tail out of my dark brown hair which almost reaches my waist. Then I went to the kitchen.

"Good morning sweet heart"

"Good morning grandma"

"Finally you are ready, give your best" she said while passing me the lunch box.

"Yeah I'll do my best. Thanks for everything especially for these pancakes" I said while putting the lunch box into the bag.

She smiled at me because she already knows my hidden talent. Even though I didn't see what was inside the lunch box, I can smell well. I have a pretty nose well talented at identifying odors of food. I hugged her and ran into the bus before I miss it. I got up in one and stood in the middle as all seats were occupied. After about 20 minutes I reached the destination. My new high school. My vision was filled  with the name 'Gretchen Whitney High School' on the great entrance making me a little bit nervous of how I am going to make it. New school, new friends everything was new, so was I.  I managed to step forward out of the gate.

"Excuse me dear! Just a second please! Will you do a favor for me please...." the old lady near the school gate jumped onto me uttering those words so desperately and her eyes looked very familiar but I couldn't match them . Those eyes muted me so as to just nod my head as a yes.      ''Can you give this parcel to Clair Wilson, she has left this at home. She is in the twelfth grade, her class is in the sixth section of the building...would you please!!!!!'' she stared at my face making me really helpless so as to help her with it.

I was saying, "Okay... but I-I .....'' she cut off my words before I finish, saying "thank you thank you a lot'' dropping that parcel in my hand and went in a rush. While I'm heading inside I thought what a piece of luck it would be to be an investigator on the very first day of the new high school in search for a girl.

I came back to conscious, breaking the thoughts, falling unto the ground as someone fell over me. I screamed my lungs out 'oh GOD what a lottery fell over me' opening my eyes deadly, to see who the hell fell over me. She arose quickly saying ''oh I'm sorry so sorry I tripped my foot ...are you okay?"  Although I wanted to scold her so badly I tied up my tongue pretending that I'm fine, ''yeah, I guess my butt is still attached to my body without falling off'' bringing a smile to her scared face. She fell into an ocean of laugh, ''whoaaaa you are so funny dude! You seem to have no injuries even after holding 84kg...ha ha ha'' she continued laughing sticking me in my thoughts, 'OMG ei...ei...eighty four kilograms!! Are you kidding me... now I see that's why my grandma always feeds me potatoes ...oh my freaking potato.'

I pulled myself back and picked up that parcel, anticipating some sort of help to find the path to the school office to get to know about which class I belong as all the classes looked the same. Suddenly that girl as an angel who came to guide me to heaven, raised her voice, ''you are a transferred student right? Do you need any help to find your class...'' I was amazed as if we have got telepathy so I yelled '' yes if you can'', then she opened her mouth '' sure, give me your admission ...I'll see to which class you belong '' while scattering thousands of drops of saliva on me.

Ohhhhhh ....what the!!!.... from which hell does this angel come? Huh! Saliva angel...you fool you scum you donkey you goat..... A full package of the zoo.... I'm losing my mind because of the smell of her saliva...wait! ....what!... it's like... g-g-ga-arlic... Wow!! Am I supposed to smell like a garlic store on the first day of new high school?  These thoughts were running across my mind killing my peace at ease.           

Since I wanted to find the class I hid the anger inside me and lent her my admission, she shouted, "hey dude we are in the same class!!! Our class is on the sixth section of the building'' in that quite moment I felt that I was thrown to hell so as to be the classmate of this garlic angel.

''Wait a sec'' she came closer to me and smelled me like a police dog, asking "why are you smelling like garlic, didn't you have a bath?'' on top of that comment I lost my nerves and my arms wanted to show her a delightful festival but as it was the first day I didn't want to make a scene so I mumbled, ''oh no, it's a new perfume. It's the latest brand. It makes u smell natural'' referencing to that she replied, ''oh I see a lot of new brands has arrived...I must try too..."'

'' Of course, why not, you must ...surely....definitely...try it '' I said while giving my mafia smile (one of the unique talents I have but no one recognizes it except my grandma) because she has already driven me crazy.

''So shall we go now otherwise we cannot make it on time'' I asked her reminding the time. While we were heading to the class, I cleaned my face and shirt with my handkerchief before I caught any undiscovered disease resulting from reacting garlic saliva with oxygen or helium or whatever gas in the atmosphere. We walked on a green grass path following the flowers on a side which dance in the gentle breeze capturing one's heart. Finally met the great staircase extended to ten sections including the rooftop. Luckily it got a lift but a huge crowd was there in the queue to get inside. My saliva angel held my hand tightly and dragged me towards the lift and ran inside it pushing others who were in the queue. I was like 'how cool she is' ...

Though we got inside first, the others too rushed in and the lift was over packed as it was hard to move a single finger among the crowd. The best thing was me and she was standing oppositely facing each other like a couple. Some get out and some get in pushing one another resulting in reducing the distance between two of us, like we were about to kiss as our faces were too close to make it, like in movies. Her and my eyes are in the same contact line, so as the lips. I tried to cover my mouth by my hands but I wasn't able to make a single move as the crowd was tightly packed so I rolled up my lips inside, shutting eyes and praying to God secretly, 'oh God I can't be a part of this sin...I know I'm a bad girl but this ...oh no please...save me from this sin...' while crying my soul out I barely opened my eyes and saw how she was smiling even in a weird moment like that. Without unrolling my lips I turned the baby ball of my eyes towards the digital screen above the door of the lift which displays the number of the floor. My eyes filled with relief that we were almost near to get out of the cage putting a full stop to the love story. We came out of the lift and I really thanked God praising him for saving one's life out of disgust.

Suddenly I heard a ringing bell alarming my saliva angel to introduce it to me, "it's the school bell...we are late hurry up and follow me'' I followed her so fast as she was running like a horse which has no control but at the front door of a class she pulled brakes as my forehead got hit on back of her head. A strange voice came out, ''Jennifer you are late today too. I guess you have a good reason other than ants were in your pants'' she was making a good reason mumbling, '' no-no ...I - I was ... ah yes, I was showing this transferred kid the path to the class'' she pointed me to the teacher as an excuse for her. Teacher replied calming the situation, '' yeah you seem to have a good reason today, you go and sit now, we have to welcome our new member'' while smiling at me. That was the moment I noticed the saliva angel's name was Jennifer. Jennifer went and sat in her place and the next turn was mine. I stepped inside searching familiar faces but there were none and the teacher asked me to introduce myself to the class.

I was a little bit nervous and started introducing myself, ''Hi everyone! I am Alexandra Bluemoon.  I hope to do my best with you all. Please take care of me.'' I bowed a little as a gesture of respect showing my humbleness. "Well, I'm your classroom teacher Mrs. Rosemary" she introduced herself while appointing the empty seat next to Jennifer in the bench before the last one. I sat next to her and looked around. Then someone came from the outside and spoke to Mrs. Rosemary and went. Then her facial expressions got changed and  started to walk out of the classroom, "Read your books I'll be back in 5 minutes". The whole class screamed aloud except me as they know the reason why she left the class.

"Why did the teacher leave the class all of a sudden?" I asked Jennifer.

"You'll get to know soon" she said with a sigh.