5. PERSPECTIVE

His caramel brown eyes calculated me from head to toe. Our eyes met. It took a little time for me to recognize those eyes. The old lady near the gate had the same colour of eyes. Same eyes like mother like son. However, something bothered me, the things written on Ash's eyes. His eyes didn't had the warmth, his mother had.

I slowly threw my eyes to his side ways and saw his gang standing behind him. All of them were looking at me like big brothers who are about break their younger sister's arms and legs. On one hand I like if they really become my brothers. Who on earth doesn't like to have good looking brothers.

While I was day dreaming, I was completely shook off by a rough masculine voice.

"You little, how you gonna pay for this?" Ash said pointing at his shirt that almost got wet by the juice, "Should I take out your ribs? or kidneys?

"Go easy on her. She's a newbie dude." His gang mate, William interfered.

I said I was sorry and that wasn't intentional but he kept yelling at me about the cost and I should pay even by selling some of my organs.

Fortunately, my weird ass brain has already gone through tons of arguments like this and knew exactly how to burn him.

"I'm afraid that it won't be a great help for you. Due to wheezing my lungs don't function well and have urine infection so, what about heart or brain, do you like it?

"Huh what sort of attitude? Shouldn't I slash your tongue first, should I?" he came closer to me.

Our eyes were in the same contact line. More than anger, there was a huge grudge or pain, he was suffering from that and I could see yet through his caramel flamed eyes.

I was deeply sunk in his eyes and saw his lips moving up and down.

"....Do you?" he asked and waited for me to reply and I realized that I had lost his words.

"Pardon, I lost-t...." before I finish he interrupted saying, "Girls lose their mind because of my looks, that's natural, and I'll excuse you for this time."

Puff does he think so? His looks, my foot.

"Shut up Ash. Don't you dare to show off?" The person next to ash mocked him. That was Peter and he was loud.

They began to tease each other allowing the innocent child to rise up out of their so called mature bodies.

Lucas was observing all these like a coward behind me. His sapphire eyes were ignited with so many emotions that I couldn't calculate. What's with that look on his eyes? He looked like a puzzle. I tried to figure out as I had some time as Ash was busy with peter and his jokes.

All of a sudden, "Back to your seats" a soothing female voice came from the front desk. She was absolutely a statue of beauty. She was our literature teacher.

We were back to our seats and Ash whispered in my ear that he will catch me later and make me pay. I didn't give a piece of attention to him instead I smirked giving a look of the big brain of the match.

However, she noticed that I'm a new student and greeted me with a gentle smile.

"Everyone, page 116," she said turning the pages of the book.

That was the play 'Romeo Juliet'.

"Before starting the lesson I would like to know your impressions on love." She send her eyes on a voyage expecting an answer from all of us. 

"I think love is something beautiful, caring and soothing." Clair said as if she was in love.

"For me, love is a tool to achieve something I wanted even by force." That was Zayn. His answer was so direct and rough.

Unfortunately, Ms. Lora's rotating eyes stopped at my sight and her eyes expected an answer from me which I couldn't afford. Neither my eyes nor lips could ignore her.

"Ahmm....love is something...that drives us away from reality and makes us live in a fancy world where everything is fake and temporary. It's an illusion imagined by our own thoughts. Love may be pretty yet cruel."

That is typical me; obviously an anti-romantic. I had never experienced love and I don't want to. I don't know why but I always feel love is something shitty and that's not essential for one's life. LOVE IS JUST A PAIN; A PAIN IN THE ASS.

Everybody say love is very beautiful and caring but why on earth I don't see that beauty and care. What am I? A robot? A monster? What on earth am I?

"Well, a mixture of feelings but, I doubt whether your impressions will remain the same even after this play," her gentle smile suggested many things that was too complicated for me to progress.

But for sure my ideas won't change at any cost. I had this feeling ever since my childhood. I hate love. I hate falling for someone. I don't wanna fall for anyone. May be I'm an alien or a robot. NEVER HAVE I LOVED OR NEVER WILL I LOVE.

Ms. Lora read the whole play for us and asked, "Do you still have the same impression on love?"

The whole class were in a pin drop silence. Nobody answered.

"I guess yes from your side. When you change your perspective you will be able to see more that you didn't see earlier. To feel it, you must accept and face it. This is not only about love but about everything around you. We all see what we wanted to see but, if you take a step back out of your frame, then you will realize how were you blind to your own world. There are many things you don't see and feel unless you change the way you think." Her point was too straight and correct.

"Young ladies and gentlemen give a try to see the world around you in a different way."

Why I felt like she was talking to the heart. God only knows, what was on her mind. She assigned us homework and left the class.

"Aughhhhhhhh," I screamed in pain as someone hit hard on back of my head. I turned side and saw saliva angel yelling at me, "I told you to keep your nose out of their business and now see what you have done. You are gonna lose your butt soon."

"Nothing to lose more, I already lost it on the day you fell over me" I murmured in a low tone.

"Did you say something?"

"Oh nothing," I smiled in pain.

Although I curse at her, she is literally good. All she does is taking care of me and making me aware of the situation. I know.

Wait! Isn't it the same what Ms. Lora told? When my perspective is bad I only see the bad but, if my perspective is good I will see the good. I see, her teaching doesn't go in vain.

THE PERSPECTIVE IS WHAT MATTERS. EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON ONE'S PERSPECTIVE.

Finally, I learned something important after coming here. 

I was completely taken aback by the loud thud of a hand on my desk. "Times up, let's finish this soon," Ash said while tapping hard on my desk.

Now he is up to what? How can I see for the good from this jerk? I choked.

"Let's play this fair. You ruined my precious outfit and I'm going to take something precious to you." He lied through his teeth. 

I caught my breath. What? Something precious? To me?

Hold on.