A slight breeze

The warm and gentle breeze blew over the wheat like waves of a golden sea. Even thought the wind was mild and hot it still helped cool my body a little from the merciless rays of the sun. I almost relaxed into the sea of green pastures. I could hear only the crickets and the birds singing in the distance. I just wanted to run to the nearest stream and soak myself in the cool, refreshing water. Everything was calm, everything was still, quiet and peaceful...everything was perfect.

"MATT!!! MATT!!! YOU IN THERE?!!!" my theory was that he was deaf or fell on his head as a child. I quickly covered my ears.

"MATT!!!???" he yelled once again right next to my face,my ears were already ringing.

"..Yes?" I asked still half in a daze.

"Dad says he wants us in the kitchen right away!! He told me to come get you!! Im really curious.. hurry!!!" he grabbed my wrist and started running, draging me behind him.

"A-alfred!! Slow down!!" I tried my best to shout as he ran way faster then I ever could by myself. 

Even thought we looked almost identical he is actually my older broher..he always gets all the attention. He is also father's favourite, he can do 10 times the amount of labor a normal man could and was quite strong. On a farm with only three people he was the one who saved the day. I tried my best to be able to help around, however in many ways I was the opposite of Alfred. He was tall, well built and strong. I on the other hand had a small frame slim hands and was way shorter then he was. My wavy blond hair went down past my jawline a little and made me look somewhat feminine . On top of that the people in the village still confuse me for him...what is worse is that they never knew he had a brother.

It didnt matter to me, but right now I felt like I would fall over any minute if he kept speeding up like this. 

"Please slow down Alfred!!" I yelled, well tried as I was to out of breath to let barely a whisper leave my mouth.

We finally made it to the red house that I had egarly been eyeing in the distance. When we got to the stairs still sprinting  I tripped over a step and fell on my head. owww~

"Bro you ok?" my brother asked kneeling down to pick me up in his buff arms.

"Yea...just hit my head a bit.." I said out of breath bringing my hand to my head, I then felt my fingers were wet. I looked at my fingers to see blood. ah great

" Oh dear Matthew are you ok?" my father asked as we entered the house. 

" Ya im fine its just a little cut.." I was still panting heavily and felt a bit dizzy.

" I will go get the bandages" my father said running out the room.

Alfred sat me down at a chair around the kitchen table. He then wet a cloth with water and brought it to my forehead. He also poured a glass of water for both him and me. We quickly drained our glasses.

"Sorry Im such a clutz." I whispered head down.

"Na its ok! Im here to back you up Matt" my brother exclaimed smiling at me warmly

I gave a small smile to. 

" Move away Alfred let me see Matthew." our father, Arthur ordered holding the damp wash cloth against my forehead instead of my brother. 

" You feeling okay?" he asked concerned 

" Yes im fine" I said wincing when he took the washcloth off.

" Youll need a few stiches and we will clean that right up for you. Please be more carefull" he grabbed a needle and that had been boiling in water on the stove and proceeded to sew and clean my wound. My head was then wrapped in a gauze. Arthur sighed. I knew, we all knew how often I would get hurt. I really am a clutz... sigh