Toris

I stared into her bright blue hues as they started shining with tears.

" Kat?? Are you ok ?" I asked as I put my butter knife down to hold her shoulders.

She looked as thought something was tearing her apart from the inside, she was staring back at me with what I recognized as pity? That's strange.

" Matvei....I-I I'm sorry "she cried out escaping my gentle hold on her shoulders and running off.

I just stood there frozen. Wait what did this mean? What happened yesterday? I didn't care much for it before but now...I bit my lip.

" Matthew?" A voice asked from behind me

" Yes?" I responded turning to see Toris smile at me with a pained look in his eyes.

" Want help with finishing lunch?" He asked.

" Did you see Kat?" I asked

" Yes she actually asked me to come help you...and explain to you what happened yesterday." He said heading over to the sink and turning on the faucet to clean his dirt stained hands.

" Oh... I see." I said biting my lip even more.

What on earth had I done to make everyone react so strongly to my question? Did I want to know? I must of done something horrible... I made Kat cry!

I chopped another sandwich in half and saw Toris roll his sleeves up going over to clean the apples that where on the counter and slicing them. A not so comfortable silence between us reigned accompanied by the sound of chopping and the sound of the faucet turning on and off.

" You see Matthew what happened yesterday is-"

" It's ok you don't need to tell me! I apologize for causing you guys trouble" I interrupted shutting my eyes tightly.
I opened them again to see Toris look at me with fear in his eyes, he seemed afraid of something, but also concerned.
I waited for him to answer nervously fidgeting with my fingers, forgetting my task as I stared at my feet.

" Matthew. How can I put this? It's simple actually. You did nothing wrong." He said calmly
I looked up relieved but also confused.

" Are you sure?" I asked

" Yes you see yesterday-"

" Is lunch ready yet?" A loud and intimidating voice interrupted.

Mister Braginski.

" Yes sir almost done!" Toris answered quickly and politely.

The large Russian entered the room looking around. Toris kept working as I curiously observed what he was doing. His violet gaze met mine.

" Matvei, I thought my siestra was helping you make lunch. Where is she?" He asked menacingly.

Why me?? He was scaring me....

" She went to the washroom." Toris replied

" I see. Well I hope all will be ready in 5 minutes. We are waiting on the patio."

He then left and my shoulders relaxed. I didn't even realize they were tense in the first place. Gee

" He is always like that." Toris answered before I could ask the question.

I nodded and went back to work. Once everything was ready to be served Toris gestured for me to come closer to him.

" We will talk later." He whispered.

" Ok " I said

We both took a plate each and headed outside onto the patio. Mr.B, Eduard and Raivis where all sitting there ready to eat. We put the plates down and sat as well.