Austin's Story

I love this world. The land, the lakes, the animals; everything.

The only thing that ruined it; the people.

The people that cut down trees, skinned animals for their hides, polluted the lands and other horrible things.

But...there is one thing I can say I like about the people.

The video games they create.

————

I've played video games for quite a bit of my life. It was a leisurely activity that I enjoyed, like many others did. It was my way out of this ruined reality.

However, it all changed in one day.

It was the year 2006. My Father bought me the Nintendo Wii that had recently come out.

I turned it on, and he guided me through it. He quickly left once I got to the Mii Channel, though.

I customized my mii, naming him Austin; after myself.

When I exited the Mii Channel, however, I saw that there was another mii.

This second mii was a female mii named "Sam", according to the bubble when I hovered over her. She had her dark brown hair tied into a ponytail and a white dress.

That's weird. I thought. I decided to leave her be, as I didn't really care that Sam was there, and I really wanted to try Wii Sports, the game that came along the console.

So, I exited the Mii Channel, and went to play a bit of Wii Sports.

An hour passed, and I got bored. I thought about what I should do, then decided I'd make miis of my family.

I exited Wii Sports, and prepared to enter the Mii Channel to create the best copies I could of my family members.

When I did, however, there were three miis.

I raised an eyebrow. What was going on? Where did these miis keep coming from?

I hovered over the new mii; Kyle. He had flat, brown short hair and wore an orange shirt.

Again, I didn't do anything despite being slightly creeped out. Maybe this was just some weird bug or something. Well, I hoped so.

I decided to think about this all later, and began to create miis representing my family members.

————

The next day, my friend, Mike, visited my house.

Honestly, I'm not even exactly sure how we became friends. He just happened to partner up with me one day in class, and the rest was history.

To be honest, I'm still surprised that he decided to stick with me. I didn't exactly act friendly at first, and I wasn't really liked by my classmates, nor anyone in the school.

Once Mike stepped inside, he quickly noticed the Wii console I got from my Father.

"Woah, you got a Wii?", his eyes widened with surprise as he walked over to it.

"My Dad got me it yesterday.", I responded, following him.

"Perks of having a Dad that has a high rank in Nintendo, he's like...the manager, right?", Mike picked up the remote, "Well, can we play it?"

I nodded, "Sure, what sport do you wanna try first?"

Mike pressed on the Mii channel, "We'll decide on that later, first, I wanna make a mii!"

Fair enough. I sat down on the couch, waiting for Mike to finish.

Once he entered the Mii Channel, however, he frowned.