Henry's Story | Part Two |

I stared in horror at the black corpse that used to be known as Mr. Morris, my Father.

Sam said something, but my ears were still ringing from the screams of pain of my Father just before he died of the electrocution, so I didn't hear her.

After a while, Kyle let out a sigh, "Henry, I..."

I held up a hand as I ran out the room. I felt sick to my stomach.

Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God-

What was I going to do?! I couldn't let my Mom know about this, her mental state would definitely get worse, and I would never do that to her.

I should have been quicker, I should have stopped him...

I took a deep breath. I wouldn't be able to think clearly if I panicked over what to do.

Maybe I should call the authorities?

I shook my head, Nope, terrible idea. The neighborhood would see and the news would spread and then Mom would find out-

I pulled my phone out, chewing the inside of my cheek. Hesitantly, I pressed on the contact and held the device up to one of my ears.

"Hello?"

"Austin, I uh, I know we didn't exactly have the greatest time the last time we saw each other,",I mumbled, "But could you come over?"

"What? I'm gonna need you to speak up a bit, Henry."

"Come over. Quick!"

"Okay, okay! Your house is somewhere down the block, right?"

"Yes."

"I'm getting out now. What's so urgent anyway?"

I didn't respond. A few moments passed before Austin spoke again.

"Henry?"

"...You'll see when you get here, but promise me you won't panic?"

"That bad, huh? ...Okay, I won't."

"I think I see your house, black brick roof, right?"

"Yup, that's it."

"Okay, hang tight."

"'Kay.", I then hung up.

I wasn't even sure why I called Austin for help. What could he possibly do about this? We were both the same age, and I'm asking him to help me deal with a dead body without telling him we're dealing with a dead body.

It's too late to go back from my decision now. I sighed. I'll apologize once he gets here.

A knock on the door startled me out of my thoughts, and I ran over.

When I opened it, I saw Austin, who was trying to look behind me.

"Well? What'd you call me over for?"

"...Follow me.", I said, shortly after adding, "Prepare yourself."

Austin nonchalantly walked behind me, "Is it about the Wii? Because-"

We got to the doorway of my room, and Austin paused abruptly.

Then, he started wildly gesturing at Father's corpse, "I-what the fuck even happened here?!"

"Uh, long story short, my Father offended Kyle and tried to turn off the Wii, then got electrocuted..."

"He had the audacity to not even bother changing his attitude, your old man deserved it.", Kyle commented.