The boat ride

Natsu's POV

This trip was going to be long. The way master was talking it sounded like it would be 3 hours. Great. There's nothing I hate more than showing weakness.

"Natsu right? you were raised by a dragon correct?" Asked a boy with long black hair. He had a lot of piercings, it all looked uncomfortable.

"What do you want." I rolled my eyes. why does everyone want to talk to me?

"I'm Gajeel, I use iron maker magic." The boy put out his hand. I rolled my eyes again.

"I've seen a dragon before y'know. It was really big." He said, he started looking out at the water. What is this, a book? (See what I did there)

"Like I care. You're probably full of crap anyway." I said trying not to lose my pupils in the back of my head.

"It's true, it was big and silver. It looked almost shiny. But you don't believe me do yo-" he started talking, but I interrupted.

"Metalicana. You mean Metalicana." I reply, remembering the only dragon with silver scales.

I've met Metalicana once before. once, when I was with Igneel, we flew to a place with 4 other dragons. Metalicana, Skiadrum, Grandeeney and Weisslogia. They were all friends of Igneels, so I made friends with them too. As soon as I saw them, Metalicana was the first to catch my eye. The silver scales and smooth looking surface, it was so pretty. Grandeeney also was very pretty looking, but Metalicana was eye catching.

"How... how do you know it's name?" Gajeel looked at me, confused.

"I met him once." Is it really that confusing? I mean, if someone was raised by a dragon, it's only natural you meet more. Like how you meet your parents friends.

"Seriously!? What's he like?" Gajeel bent down to look at me, I glared at him, but he just sat down next to me. Ugh.

He kept asking me random questions like his age, or even his favourite food. How annoying. After the first 15 minutes, he started asking me about Igneel. At one point I was going to get up and leave, but once I did I fell back down and almost threw up. Gajeel asked if he could help, but I declined. I wish I could attack him, but I'd throw up, and get kicked out of the trials. An hour later and we arrived, the boat stopped, and we all got off. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be on solid land.

"This is Tenroe island, an island owned by the Fairytail guild. In fact, only Fairytail members are allowed here." The master spoke, gesturing to the island behind him.

There was a huge tree covering the island. It had to have been about 200 ft tall.

He explained that the trials will be battles between each of us, and that he will show us the bracket tomorrow, and that we should get all set up then explore.

A/N: sorry about it being short, but I can't add too much in this chapter and still have something for next chapter.