17

You stood in front of the mirror, tugging your dress down

You stood in front of the mirror, tugging your dress down. At its current length, it barely covered your butt. You sighed, accepting defeat and walked out of the room into the meeting area. The team was talking, Spencer explaining something to Morgan.

As soon as Spencer saw you, he trailed off, his eyes tracing your body.** You gave him a tight-lipped smile and tried to keep the blush away from your cheeks as he licked his lips. "You're practically undressing her with your eyes," Morgan teased, making Spencer look away from you in embarrassment. You giggled, walking over and ruffling Spencer's hair.

"Leave Spence alone. He's too much of a gentleman for that. He probably just dissociated for a minute," you said, making Morgan roll his eyes.

"He may be a gentleman but he's still a man Y/N. And you look very good," Morgan retorted, making you blush and Spencer tense slightly. Your hand, which was resting on the back of his chair, lowered to his shoulder, squeezing gently.

"You look amazing Y/N," JJ agreed, handing you the comms. You put them in, giving Hotch a thumbs up.

"Alright Garcia, you turn," Hotch said. Garcia began to test the comms and found them to be working perfectly.

"Remember tonight's goal. You'll be meeting with the unsub to hire their organization for their services. Stay on script and avoid looking at the rest of the team," Hotch reminded you. You nodded, pulling a coat over your dress. You slipped your feet into your heels, crouching down to work on the tiny straps.

Spencer quickly bent down on his knees and began to secure your shoes. You blushed as his eyes met yours. "Thanks Spence," you said softly. He grinned at you in response, standing up and giving you a thumbs up.

"Good luck, just remember I'm only a table away."

You nodded and pulled him to the outside of the room, caressing his cheek with one hand. "Promise me you won't do anything, regardless of how tonight turns out."

"Y/N-"

"Promise. Me."

"Ok, I promise," he finally muttered after a few seconds. You smiled and kissed his cheek, your heels giving you the inches you usually had to stand on your tip-toes for. When you pulled away, you saw your mauve lipstick in his cheek, which you began to remove as Emily came into the hallway.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked, making you both freeze.

"No." Spence said quickly. You shook your head, stepping away from him.