22

You woke up, your eyes stinging as they focused on the fluorescent lights of the room

You woke up, your eyes stinging as they focused on the fluorescent lights of the room. You looked around, trying to figure out what happened. One moment you were walking into the basement, the next you were here.

As you turned to the right, you saw Spencer's head on the bed, his hand holding your right as he slept soundly**. You smiled at his peaceful state and lifted your left hand to ruffle this hair, a throbbing pain shooting through you. You groaned in pain, Spencer shooting up at the noise.

He stood up, reaching over to you and cupping your face. "My love, I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry. I'm an idiot. I'm so sorry," he said quickly, you shaking your head at him.

"Hey, hey, Spence it's ok. Baby it's ok," you said, wiping away his tears with your right hand. "What happened?"

"You, uh, you were shot by the unsub. I was so scared. And I wasn't there. I'm so sorry, I should've been there. I should've protected you," he replied, holding you tightly.

"Spencer, it's ok. It's not your fault," you said, shaking your head again.

"Y/N, I will never let anything happen to you ever again, I promise," he whispered, kissing your forehead.

"Spencer, come here," you said, scooting over. He looked at you in fear, as you patted the spot next to you. "Dr. Reid, don't make me repeat myself," you said sternly, causing him to sigh. He stood up and slid into the spot next to you, careful not to tangle any of the various tubes attached to you.

"Y/N," he began, kissing your forehead. You shook your head, kissing him softly, pulling him towards you.

"Shh, I just want to kiss you," you said softly against his lips, kissing him again. Spencer hummed in agreement, his hands on your hips, gripping you tightly.

After a few minutes, Spencer pulled away. You whimpered at the loss of contact, eliciting a small laugh from Spencer. 

"Y/N, let's talk please," he whispered, you nodding. "I'm sorry."

"Enough of that, it's ok S, as long as we're okay."

"No, I need to apologize. I acted like a fool, I let my abandonment issues cause problems and I'm sorry. I can't promise I will never be jealous again but I will do my best to prevent it."

"Spence, it's ok," you reassured, curling into his arms. "Just talk to me in the future about anything. I would never risk our love for some narcissistic idiot. You are all I want, you are all I need."

He nodded, kissing your forehead. "I will communicate better, I'll do anything to keep you in my life."

You looked up at him and smiled. "Ok so it's settled. One more thing, don't ever let me sleep alone again. I haven't got a full night of rest since before our fight."

Spencer hummed in agreement, pulling away from you. "I should go tell everyone you're awake," he explained.

"Your place or mine?" you asked as he opened the door.