Summer Love - Caibing

You always will be my summer love

Caibing's P.O.V.

"Honey, you got a letter!" my wife told me from the living room.

"Is it from the company?" I asked as I gulped the water down my throat and walked to where she was.

"No, it's from China, actually..." she read the address.

I kissed her forehead before taking the letter and reading it for myself.

"Is it from one of your friends back there?" she asked.

As soon as I read the name of the sender, I gasped.

"What? Who is it?" she questioned me.

"Oh, don't worry, Yujin. It's just someone who I knew back then. Probably asking how I'm doing." I explained.

"Really? I guess your friend doesn't use the internet." she replied.

I knew very well that she does use the internet. There was a reason why she sent me a letter.

I sighed and decided to read the letter in my office room, so I wouldn't be disturbed.

Before opening the letter, I breathed deeply. I still remember how she looks like, and how her voice used to call me.

It was in summer, 7 years ago...

Flashback

"Caibing, have you packed your bags yet?" my mom asked me.

"Not yet mom. I have to go somewhere first." I replied while running down the stairs.

"Make sure you go home early. We don't want to miss the flight." she shouted from upstairs.

I didn't really care. In all honesty, I didn't want to go. School is starting next month and my parents wanted me to study abroad. In South Korea, specifically.

Father has a business venture there and he wanted to take me and mom with him, so I didn't have a choice.

We lived in the city. But every summer, we would visit here in the province to check on grandma and grandpa.

And it was fun. I loved my grandparents very much, and this town was very refreshing. But most especially, I enjoyed the company of a certain girl.

"Cai!" as soon as I went out the gate, she was already on the other side of the road. Waiting for me.

I waved my hand then she did the same. After crossing the road, she hugged me and I almost couldn't breathe.

"God, Y/n, did you miss me that much?" I snickered.

"Sorry, I haven't seen you in like, 1 night." she joked.

"Silly." I laughed.

I was planning on spending this whole day with her. Because I will be leaving, and I don't even know when we'll come back.

"We're kind of early today. What made you suddenly think of hanging out in the morning?" she asked while we walked down the street.

"I just... I wanted to spend more time with you." I replied.

She doesn't know about that yet. And I don't know how to tell her.

"Tch, come on. It's like you're still not used to saying goodbye every summer." she chuckled.

I glanced at her and forced out a laugh.

"Enough about that. Where do you wanna go today?" I changed the topic.