The Hunt for a Cutie Mark

Sugar Bliss was sat in the living room of a cabin. A lit fireplace kept the place warm as the snow fell outside, covering the forest in a cold, white blanket.

There was a humming behind her as a brush was ran through her hair.

The humming turned into a giggle. "You always fall so quiet when I brush your hair. I swear, you've nearly fallen asleep a couple of times!"

Sugar Bliss turned to look at the who was behing her.

She had soft, pastel rainbow hair tied up in a bun and had light blue eyes. Sugar Bliss couldn't recognize what creature she was though.

"It just feels relaxing!" She heard herself say, sounding much younger.

The creature smiled at her. "Well, good. I can never get tired of playing with your hair. It's very beautiful. I have feeling you'll be quite the Heartbreaker when your older~"

"Yuck! Mama!"

'Mama? Is this... my mother?'

"It's true!" Her mother teased. "I can already see the boys fighting for your attention!"

"No way! Boys are gross!"

"A girl then? Your friend Marigold is very pretty and you get along well."

"She's just a friend Ma!"

The older one couldn't help but laugh. "Alright, I'll leave it for now."

Silence filled the room as her mother continued to brush her hair.

"Mama," Sugar Bliss heard herself mutter. "When will daddy be home?" She felt the brush stop.

"Oh, sweetie." Her mother cooed and pulled her into her lap. "He's out at sea right now, with the fleet."

"But I miss him. I never see him anymore."

"He'll return soon." Her mother said she nuzzled her cheek. "And when he does, you can make him tell you all about his trip."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

~~~

Sugar Bliss slowly blinked her eyes open and was met with the familiar walls of her bedroom. She sat up and blinked in surprise as she lifted a hoof up to rub her wet cheeks.

'Did I cry in my sleep?'

She shook her head and got out of bed. Heading downstairs, she saw Discord in the kitchen.

"Good morning!" He greeted her happily making her smile. "I had a craving for pancakes this morning so that's what we're having! What would you like on-" He cut himself off when he finally turned to look at her and saw how red and puffy her eyes were.

Discord suddenly launched forward so he was close to her face, gently cupping her cheeks with his paw and claw. "Were you crying? What happened, my dear?"

"I uh...I think I just dreamed of a memory." She told him.

"You remembered something? From your past?" He asked and scooped her up in excitement. "Do tell!"

"Well... I was very young and... my mother was there."

His face softened and he teleported to the livingroom so he could sit down with her in his arms. "You saw your mother?"

Sugar Bliss nodded. "She was brushing my hair. I got my rainbow pattern from her! But..."

"But?"