A Matter of Principals

"You want me to be Headmare?" Starlight asked Twilight.

Apparently, Twilight and her friends were all summoned by the map and Twilight couldn't leave her new school unattended. So she de idea to put Starlight in charge.

"You're the perfect choice!" Said the purple Alicorn. "You're a good leader and an expert in friendship! I trust you to run this school exactly as I would."

"Uh, that's a pretty big responsibility, Twilight..."

Twilight picked Starlight up with her magic and put her in the Headmare's chair. "Which is why I've prepared everything you need!" Just then, Spike came into the room, pushing a wheelbarrow full of books and scrolls and dumped it all on the desk. "The curriculum, rules for the Spellvenger Hunt, dinning hall menus for the next six months!" Twilight listed them all off.

"Six months?!" Spike exclaimed. "You're not really gonna be gone that long, are you?"

"And Spike." Twilight added and used her magic to put the dragon on the desk. "Anything that isn't covered in my files, he'll be able to help you with."

"Then why not put him in charge?" Asked Starlight.

"No, thanks." Spike immediately denied. "Being a Princess for Twilight was hard enough."

"I'm going to pretend that made sense." Starlight muttered and looked back at Twilight. "But if you're sure that's what you really want... I promise I won't let you down."

"I knew I could count on you." Twilight told her before leaving.

Starlight sighed. "Great. What could possibly go wrong?"

~~~

Starlight stood outside and waved goodbye to Twilight and her friends as they ran off towards the train station.

"Goodby Rarity!" Spike called out. The unicorn next to him gave him a look and he quickly added "And everypony!"

They jumped in surprise at the sound of somepony blowing their nose next to them and saw Discord standing next to them.

"I hate goodbyes, don't you?" He cried. "I just go to pieces." His body literally broke into pieces and fell to the ground.

"Discord. What a... nice surprise." Starlight nervously greeted him. "This is your first time at our new school, isn't it?"

Discord put himself back together and too up. "Oh, were me and Bliss not invited to the grand opening? Friends and Family Day? Baccalaureate? I hadn't noticed." He glared at them.

"Well, at least you're here now!" Starlight said before pausing. "Um... why are you here?"

"To fill in for Twilight, of course. As Headdraconequus." He walked towards the doors of the school. "I seem to recall a whole song about how this school is where you make your own rules." He grinned at them. "Now who better at that than me?"

Spike flew up to his face with his new wings. "Then you also must've heard that Starlight is in charge now."

"Really? I thought there must be some mistake." He flicked the tiny dragon away from him.

"Nope, Twilight picked me for the job." Starlight told him and pulled out a large scroll. "And she left pretty detailed instructions for me to follow."

Discord took the scroll. "Well I'm sure that she wouldn't mind if I made a few tiny suggestions." The scroll opened and floated in from of him and a tiny quill appeared him his claw. "Item one, gravity is optional." He wrote down and everything started floating. "Item two, the school knew mascot is an ambidextrous marmoset. Item three-"