003

003

Under the tangled sheets, lies two bodies facing each other. Sanzu, who was admiring the sleeping woman by caressing his knuckles on her cheek. She looks innocent and peaceful, the view of her sleeping like this is enough to fill something inside him — something unknown.

The lid of her sleepy eyes slowly opened, meeting her gaze with him. She didn't waste the chance to offer him a light smile even though it ended up like a tired one after what happened to them last night.

"Good morning." Her soft voice greeted softly.

"Good morning, honey." Sanzu muttered though Sadé could feel that he doesn't mean if and she still has a long way to go. "I need to get going now."

"Already?" She pouted sadly.

"I'm sorry, I have things to do." Sanzu reasoned out.

"Like?"

"Hmm, business." He answered, smiling at her before standing up to pick his clothes on the floor. "We will see each other again."

"Do you want to have breakfast before you leave?" She offered.

"You can cook?" He questioned.

"Of course, I can." She laughed, also wearing her clothes. She faced the mirror to see her reflection and made sure she looks fine before tying her hair in a low ponytail.

"Alright, let's see what you can cook."

"Don't expect too much," she said, walking towards Sanzu and massaged his shoulder before heading to the door. "I only have bacon and eggs here."

"That would be fine." He nodded as she followed her into the kitchen. He watched Sadé wear the apron — she looks like a housewife.

She started cooking. "By the way, what business do you run?"

"Something you don't need to know." 

"Oh," her lips parted. "T's fine for me. I'm sorry."

"You won't force yourself to know it?" Sanzu questioned with confusion. Mostly, a woman would be mad if someone answered their gentle question with a nonsense one.

"Nope. If you really want to tell me then you would, if not, why would I force you?" She chuckled.

"Hmm, that's a great answer..." Sanzu trailed off, sitting on the kitchen stool. "I'm a part of an organization called Bonten."

Her grip on the knife tightened — what kind of reaction would she give him? She plastered a confused look, eyebrows furrowing as she started to grill the garlic and onions for the fried rice. "Bonten? What kind of organization is that?"

"A criminal organization?"

"A what?!" Her breath hitched. She's really getting good at pretending.

"A criminal organization," he repeated calmly. "Why are you shocked? You met me inside the exclusive club where most of the people run illegal businesses?"

"R-really?" She whispered. "I didn't know.."

"Don't worry love," She felt his arm sneaked on her waist. "I won't hurt you..." he whispered to her ears. "Unless you do something that would make me mad..."

&&&