20

i LIED

“Can’t move now, can you?”

The feeling of the sharp knife being pressed against her neck caused her to fall on the ground with her eyes-wide and heart ramming too quickly. Her vision was blurred with tears pooling rapidly inside her eyes. “K-kenzo…” Her lips quivered in terror, dismay, and hate.

“My dear Sadé,” He hummed, he was too calm and there’s only one meaning of it. He’s certain. He’s certain to put an end to her life and no one could stop him. 

The thunder roared yet again, the thick droplets of the rain added an emotional damage to her. The thought of being killed in the middle of a forest was not it, she didn't want to die but she's one move-away from it. Her fate was in Kenzo's hands. 

“If ya' obeyed my order, this won't happen, ya' know?” He mocked crazily, pressing the knife even harder and she grimaced in pain. Tears made their way on her bruised face. “Wya' cryin? This is what a traitor gets…” he leaned closer to her ears, his breath hot and dangerous that it gave her goosebumps. “A painful death.” 

“Am I right, Shimizu?” 

Kenzo didn't receive any answer, only a whimper from the struggling woman fighting for her life in silence. He knew she was a smart woman — she could think a way to escape from his grip and from the knife that was being pressed on her neck but she was being consumed by her emotions. 

Emotions. 

“Now then, where should I start…” He laughed maniacally as the knife trailed down on her left-side. She whimpered in pain again, tears fell even more. Each time the sharp edge of that object made contact with her skin — her breath edged as if it was coming into an end. “Here?” 

“N-no...please...no…” She begged and she knew it was no use. Kenzo's other hand gripped hastily on her hair, forcing her to show her neck. “Kenzo!” 

He didn't listen to her pleas. Instead, he placed the knife against her neck — on her throat to be exact. He could feel her body stiffening upon the slightest yet deepest touch of the knife making contact against her skin. 

“Remember Sadé..” He trailed off. “You must bring this to your death; It's your fault why our organization went downhill. It's your fault why I will have to kill you right now. Everything is your fault.” 

She groaned heavily, trying to catch her breath but winced in pain once the knife lightly stabbed her neck — blood dripped down and she could only shake in horror. 

“Any last words?” 

As tears streamed down her cheeks, the image of Sanzu and their memories together had a quick flashback on her head —— death's really coming for her. 

A rifle went off — birds flew away from the scene as Kenzo fell lifelessly on the ground with blood dripping on his head, his eyes still wide and shocked. The woman gasped loudly, Kenzo's lifeless body hovered over her. 

And just like that he was gone. 

a/n i Lied abt updating back in october smth LMAO SORRY :DDD