Unknown Solutions

Kokichi opened his eyes drearily to see a dozen of eyes looking at him in concern, but, unsurprisingly, not a single face had shown worry. 

He remembered what happened before he blacked out and he became more awake, rubbing his head as he had a severe headache from the fall, letting out a small titter. He sprung to his feet in a quick second.

"Woah Ouma, calm down, what happened here?" The voice, it was familiar, almost too familiar to Kokichi. He turned his head as most as able to to see Shuichi standing there, as still as humanly possible. The detective had a serious look on his face but Kokichi could see the slight sign of relief behind the hiding emotion.
"Were you attacked? Who was it?"
"What makes you say th-"

"Obviously not. It's just one of his usual tricks. You're smart Shuichi but come on, you've got to see through this act."

Shuichi caught a glimpse of Kaito and Maki's faces, but disregarded the angry voices bellowing from them.

Kokichi was caught in an overwhelming interview of rhetorical questions. The others were never one to believe him, but in this situation, keeping private was the best and only way to avoid more suspicion of being mastermind, even if he wasn't. He was especially unable to with the reason being in the darkened room.

Light-headed and on the verge of powerless, it now seemed hard for him to make up a lie, considering all the times he's done it, even as it's label. "I was..."

The others sighed, denying him before he even finished his sentence, although Shuichi remained in his place. He somewhat looked calm, but concern was reflected in his eyes. 

He couldn't seriously understand what was going on already, could he? It's not possible. Even as the amazing detective himself.

"Shuichi, give it up." Maki turned toward Kokichi throwing a nasty glare at him in the process.
Looking him up and down, she snarled, "Yeah. We could never trust you to tell the truth." 

"Don't jump to conclusions, Maki. YOU don't know what happened."
"Neither do you, Shuichi!"

One blink and the dark room was filled with thundering yelling and fights were let out.

"Please stop fighting!! There is never a good reason to commit violence!" K1-B0 gasped, grabbing Maki's arms in a failed attempt to pull her off Shuichi.

"Where did you get these flower petals?" Angie said, lifting one of the blue petals up off the carpet to show the soft, natural material.
"The pot-plant." Kokichi answered between jarring coughs.
"What pot-plant?"

With a glimpse to the side and a hand through his hair, Shuichi took notice of the silky nature.

"Hey, show me the flower petals." He said, walking over leisurely, leaving Maki stunned in her place.

Shuichi looked down at them, an expression forming on his face that Kokichi couldn't recognize. "Why is there blood on them, Ouma?" Kokichi looked up, snapping out of his thoughts he was abruptly thrown into. "I- I was cutting bread and I cut my finger." A stutter formed on the end of his words and he punched his chest, coughing.

It was as clear as crystal beams that what Kokichi had said was a lie. Both the manner and wording indirectly said that, but Shuichi ignored the backstage of his mind and assumed for, once, he was telling the truth. "Alright. Be... careful next time."

"We've still got investigating to do, we have little clues. We shan't waste any more time." Rantaro explained, moving his hands in the motion of his speech.

"K1-B0 agrees."

Whispers and mutters bellowed, and the breeze suffused the building. An icy chill was sent down Kokichi's spine, forcing a shiver out of him.

"Stop standing there and doing nothing idiot."

The purple haired, short being rolled his eyes, falling into another state of thoughts.

envious.

want.

hurt.

They happen at the most random of times.

Kokichi's morning injury had started bleeding through the shirt's fabric earlier, but coincidentally, nobody was near him, like always anyway. A sting lingered in the cut still but he was newly used to it by now. I guess that's what happens when you've been labeled nothing but a selfish liar your entire life.

His coughing fits had become somewhat worse over the past day, but as predicted, no distress was shown towards him.

In all honesty, Kokichi thought it was only a myth. He thought the disease wasn't real, and obviously, he had been proven wrong.

I don't think I have much time left.