The Truth Broken

A couple of weeks had passed and the flower growing within Kokichi was getting worse. He felt as if he needed to tell them, because if he died and they didn't know, the killing game would never end. That would do him more damage than death itself.

The stadium was quiet avoiding the one or two voices muttering under their breath and sounding of footsteps that seeked into the ground. 

Kokichi on the other hand, he was having second thoughts. Knowing the details will be taken as a lie and knowing the only person he could tell was also the only person he couldn't. Marching back and forth was the only possible way he could function at that very moment, other than his mind racing like a person trying to stop a phone call during a funeral. 

"Ouma what the fuck are you doing?"

His head was turned towards Kaito, who was storming up to Kokichi, arms crossed. "Where were you, eh? With Monokuma perhaps?? Don't even try to lie. You need to cut down on them." Kaito chucked, before lifting his hand to slap him but was swiftly stopped by another hand beside him. 

"There's no need for that Kaito." Rantaro vocalized, "He may be a brat and a liar, but he's still human. Even if he is the mastermind."

Kaito gasped at the word, tearing his hand out of the grip. "He IS the mastermind, Rantaro. Are you that idiotic to not see that?"

"I don't see myself as idiotic, yet I see no trace of mastermind in him." Shuichi stated, walking up to them gracefully. Kokichi just stood there in silence watching the lead speaker switch from person to person.

Yet he saw a chance to back away slowly and he took it. 

"Kokichi, stop right there!" Although, hearing the voice follow him only made him walk faster. A hand was pressured on his shoulder and he was spun around to see Shuichi standing a few inches away from his profile. "Where are you going? You're going to see Monokuma, aren't you?" A few silent seconds passed, Kokichi locomoting every direction but Shuichi's grey-shaded cloudy eyes. His heart dropped when the sentence left his mouth. 

Untrusted?

"Oh, Saihara-chan~ you worry too much! Nee-hee-hee. My dormitory is the place I'm heading~"

More questions avoided. 

The only trustworthy person.

"You've surely been in your dorm a lot lately." His voice cracking in what sounded like a mix of anger, fear and yet a hint of concern was STILL found.

"Yeah!! I have. I'll be leaving now. Be ready Saihara-chan." Kokichi winked, moving his hands comfortably into a position behind his head.

Maki jogged up to Shuichi, who had recently released Kokichi from his grip. "Ignore him," she said calmly, placing her hand on his shoulder gently. 

"Let go of me, Maki," his voice intensified, tone more angry than neutral. Startled by the sudden change in his tone, she jumped back. "You can't seriously be..."

He shot her a daring glare. It wasn't verbal but it said as much as words could.

The creaking door was slammed angrily as Kokichi left the stadium. He pushed his back into the door, a tear rolling down his cheek. His eyes screwed shut and his eyelashes were covered in salty liquid.

"Hi! What are you doing here, little boy??"

the voice.

no... it couldn't be...

He forced his eyes open. A small bear, half white, half black was standing before him. Monokuma.

"What do you want, Monokuma?" Kokichi sneered, peering down at the black and white bear.

"Oh, well, you're dying aren't you??" Monokuma laughed, covering his stomach in the process.

Kokichi's eyes widened in slight fear, but not surprise.

"Oh don't be surprised! I have cameras everywhere you see, you really expect me not to know?? I also know your friends think we have an alliance, little boy."

"We don't." Kokichi answered.

"Oh I know, but it's possible to make it possible." 

Kokichi waved his hand around, "no." He finally said.

"Hm. Well, your friends haven't figured out much about the body and class trial's almost up." He cackled. In a flash of white smoke, he vanished. But the presence was still around, Kokichi could feel it, he was still watching.

By this time his tears had dried. Only a scar of red, puffy eyes were shown.

If only you knew, Saihara-chan, but I don't have the guts to tell you.