Chapter One: CIA Security Check

CIA Headquarters: Langley, VA

Well, Today was the big day. My best friends and I were about to move into our brand new place. I stared at the giant building in front of us while the other guys, and our assistant Stephen, went without me. I quickly caught up, though.
Inside the building, a buff woman stood confidently next to the conveyer belt. Eddie, the leader and most generic-looking guy, was stopped.
"Really, Jane?" he said, "we're on a tight window here."
"Yeah, I don't care," Jane replied. Eddie groaned and dropped his suitcase onto the conveyer belt.
Behind me, Stephen was getting way too close to Tommy, the short one in the yellow bear hoodie, and sniffing him. A lot.
"Ugh, dammit, Stephen! What are you doing?"
"Mm, cotton blunt: I know it."

A beeping sound abrupt from the belt as Jane opened Eddie's suitcase. There she pulled out a small sandwich bag filled with white power with the word 'cocaine' crudely written on there.

"Hey, what's this?" Jane asked, shaking the bag.
"Oh, well, according to the label," Tommy answered, "this is cocaine."
"Great prank, guys, real original," Eddie snarked, "But that's not cocaine."
The Irish boy, and my personal favourite friend Buck, set down his bag and did a standard anime elbows-up pose.
"Yeah, I don't know it does say it right there in pretty big letters," he said.
"So obvious, they would never believe it," Mason added, smiling. Mason wore a cool purple and yellow jacket that I tried to steal a couple of times and failed miserably.
"Oh, it is the best way to sneak drugs in: when I go through security at concerts—" Tommy paused, "—I just carry them in my hand."
Everyone nodded in agreement.
"Fair enough," I said.
"Ooh, you should do a cavity search," Mason said as he did finger guns.
Jane carefully sniffed the white stuff and bluntly said, "Baking soda."
"Dammit, Jane!" Buck exclaimed.
"You ruin everything!" Mason whined. I snickered at them both.

Next up was Tommy, and like Eddie, his bag had to be inspected. But what was inside was...disturbing: A giant, rubbery doll with a very suggestive mouth. It was wearing nothing but white underwear and a red tie.
"Oh, what the fuck, Tommy?" I yelled.
"Okay, come on, that's-that's not mine," Tommy stuttered.
"Ugh, that looks a lot like Stephen," Mason said.
"Anatomically precise," Stephen said, "Unflattering but...extraordinary."
Was he not startled?
I settled my case next, and you guessed it, the belt started beeping.
"Wait," I said, "I didn't pack anything bad, I swear!"
Jane pulled out my sketchbooks and scanned through them one by one. I rushed next to Tommy and Eddie.
"Wow, Jackie," Eddie commented, taking one of my books and examining it.
"Hey! Give it back! Those are private!" I yelled, trying to take it from his hands.
"A lot of nude pictures, I see." The book Eddie took was cyan and filled with primarily life drawings.
"I'm trying to practice my anatomy, dude. Everyone knows that!"
"Hey, Eddie," Tommy said, "is it just me, or does every naked guy look like Buck?"
Oh, fuck.
I turned to Buck and Mason, who were both looking at me like I was the one who had the Stephen sex doll. Buck especially. I could feel my face heating up.
Oh, man.
"Buck, huh?" Mason said.
I glanced at Buck, chuckling like a complete idiot. "I can explain."
"No need to explain, Jackie," Eddie smirked at me.
I snatched my notebook back from him and shoved it into my bag.
"FROM NOW ON, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LOOK AT MY DRAWINGS UNLESS I TELL THEM TO!" I growled.
So, yeah. I had a crush on Buck. It was not a secret that I was good at hiding. I guaranteed everyone knew.
Onto Mason now, Jane opened the case and examined every object: WD-40, duct tape and a notebook with Kevin Spacey's autograph featuring a lipstick mark.
"Aw, come on," Mason said, looking embarrassed.
"Aha! Look at that, Mason, all your favourite things in one bag!" Eddie said.
"How —and in what order— does he use those?" Buck asked, placing his bag onto the conveyer belt.
"Aha, very funny, guys," Mason snarked.
Last was Buck, and the belt beeped one last time.
"Okay, enough of the prank war," Buck chuckled nervously, "you got me. What is it now?"
"We got a weapon!" Jane yelled, pulling out a pistol, "everyone down!"
We all panicked and fell to the ground.

***

After that, we were all sitting upstairs in the control panel room. Our boss Allison paced back and forth with a now-fully assembled rocket launcher in her hands (I don't know why she even built it, but whatever).
Buck looked guilty, so I rubbed my hand on his back to make him feel better. I'll admit his sweater was pretty soft.
"You brought a rocket launcher into CIA Headquarters?" Allison scolded.
"Uh, that was actually Buck who brought a—"
"Shut up, Mason. We know you packed his bag."
"Fine, so what? We use rocket launchers all the time!" Mason argued.
"Inside the game!" she retaliated, "Why would you need a rocket launcher in real-life?"
"To launch...rockets? She is not serious, right?" Mason looked at us all like a toddler who was told he couldn't have something.

It was that day that I could already tell: I'm gonna have a great time here.