Chapter Eight: Let's Settle This

I was always the first to wake up in the morning, not counting when I had a night shift at my old job. After my morning routine, I headed downstairs only to be surprised by--
"Morning!"
I jumped at Buck's voice behind me: he was sitting on the couch, smiling and already dressed.
"Buck? What the hell are you doing up so early? That's my job!"
"Oh well, I wanted to ask," Buck trailed off as he scratched the nape of his neck, blushing. "I thought maybe we could go out for breakfast. We do not come into work until 10."
"Oh, um. Yeah, I would love to," I smiled awkwardly.

***

Without the guys' knowledge, Buck and I drove to a nearby café that was thankfully not too busy. We sat at a booth on opposite sides and a waitress whose name tag read 'May' came over to us.

"Can I start you two off with some drinks?" She asked cheerfully.
I gestured over to Buck. "After you, mate--"
"I will take a large half-caff scolded almond milk latte, four pumps vanilla, one pump cinnamon with an extra half shoot, sweetened with agave nectar at a-hundred-and-sixty-seven degrees with room for cream and reduced fat chocolate drizzle.
"I would also like to add some grapefruit honey yogurt scone shavings, two-and-a-half tablespoons of a drink somebody returned because their name was misspelled, broccoli-cheddar soup, and raspberry lemon vinaigrette dressing on the side.
"Love it, shun it, bop it, sneeze into it, put in that guy's glass eye, make an ad on Craigslist for the room left for cream, give it three seconds of sunshine, albino dolphin urine, and dragon tears to bring it all together."

May and I looked at each other in shock.
"But I will also take an espresso if that's not available."
She scribbled down his order.
"A-and for you?"
"Medium frozen hot chocolate, please," I spat out. As she left, Buck started to be a dick.
"Hot chocolate? What are you, eight?" He teased. I rolled my eyes.
"I hate coffee, Buck. You know that! The last time I drank it, I almost choked."
"It was not that bad you were overacting."
"No, I was not, dipshit. Also, do you want to talk about overreacting? How about anytime someone brings up your teeny-weeny legs?"
"Oh, don't even start!"
I laughed as Buck slouched back, folding his arms and looking pissed.

"So, Bucky?" I said, leaning forward.
"Yeah?"
"What exactly made you want to ask me out here?"
"Oh, er, well, I realised that last night we never really talked about what we are now," he said.
My cheeks heated up as the realisation slowly sank in.
"Oh, right."
"And so, I wanted to discuss our relationship in private, without the others interfering."
I leaned back, hiding my face before speaking up.
"Well...what do you want us to be?"
Our talk started to get awkward real quick. God, I hate when this happens.
"I mean, I don't want this to go too fast."
"True, we should take our time here," I tucked my hair behind my ear.
"Perhaps we can go on a couple of dates before we make it official?" he asked.
"Yeah, um, I'd like that."

We sat in silence for a few seconds before my phone started ringing, and I picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Where the fuck are you, guys?" Mason shouted. "We have thirty minutes until we have to go to work!"
Buck and I stared at each other as we tried to think of something to say.
"Um, we were uh..."
Come on, bitch, say something!
Buck whispered, "At your mom's place."
"A-At your mom's place!" I repeated.
"What?" Mason barked.
"Sorry, force of habit. Buck and I are just running some errands," I reassured. Even on the phone, I could still feel his eyes squinting at me.
"Right", he sighed. "Well, hurry up then. Tommy, Eddie and I are waiting for you."
"Of course, we'll be there before you know it," I said before he hung up. I stared at Buck.
"What the hell was that?"
"What? I thought it would be funny!"
"Jesus, he's gonna kill you," I said as we both laughed.
We took our drinks to-go and raced out to the car. Buck didn't have a driver's license, so he sat next to me in the passenger seat.
"So," he said, "I guess this means we're going out?"
I looked over at him, hands on the steering wheel. "Yeah, I guess it does."
We smiled at each other before I started the car and drove back to our mansion.

(A/N: Hello, everyone! Sorry this chapter was a bit all over the place, I just wanted to get Jackie and Buck's relationship status over and done with so I could go back to the offical story. Thanks for reading!)