~He's Nice?~ {20}

I ended up getting a call from Leo after I had my workout saying he needed me to work. I said yes because I thought it would be a great way to distract myself. That plan went down the drain when Seth showed up. 

I went home after work and sent my English teacher an email asking to transfer out of my group with Ash and Seth and work by myself. My teacher said that was fine as long as the boys agreed, which I know they will because Ash hates me.

Today at school I over herd everyone talking about Mr Clark. Apparently something happened to him after school yesterday and he's in the hospital. I know I didn't hurt him but I wonder if what happened with me had anything to do with it. 

Either way i'm glad I wont be seeing him at school anytime soon.

I couldn't concentrate at school. My mind was going crazy coming up with conspiracy theories as to where my mum is and why she talks to Jay and not me. 

At the end of my class I walked to my locker like always to put my books away. When I opened my locker there was a rope with a doll hanging from it by the neck. there was a stickie note on the doll: 

YOU

I quickly took down the doll and slammed the locker shut. I saw Harlee and Fay across the hall way laughing at me. The girls stood with Seth and a few other guys from the Erotes group and all of them were laughing except Seth. Fay nudged him in. my direction trying to get him to laugh but instead of laughing he look annoyed with her. I saw him talking to her and then a rowed started to gather around them blocking my view.

I'm quite short and not confident enough to push through the crowed to see what was going on. I heard some shouting from both Seth and Fay. There was a loud bang and then I saw Seth storm off down the hall. 

I wonder what happened.

When the crowed faded a bit I saw that someone's locker had been punched in, most likely by Seth. Wow he's strong.

My next class was my study period, this is the class where kids from all year levels study in the same room so a teacher can supervise. I'm nervous because both Ash and Harlee are in this class and they both hate my guts.

How did I o from being a no one to the most hated person in school?

I sat at the front of the class and let my hair fall either side of my face as I did my privet study. Half way through the lesson the Principle talked over the speakerphone.

"Can Seth Well's report to my office immediately" he said. Everyone else in my class started coming up with reasons as to why he was going to the principles office. While everyone else in the class gossiped I noticed Ash franticly texting under his desk. I bet he was asking Seth what happened.

I don't really care why he's going to the principles unless it's because he's getting expelled. The bell went and I gathered up the things and bent down to put them in my bag. As I did someone's leg bumped into me. 

"Get the hell outta my way," a voice I knew all too well said. 

I looked up to see Harlee push past me and knock me off my chair. I could hear her chuckling as I hit the ground. I had to pick myself up off the ground and slung my bag over my shoulder. Look's like she's going to keep her promise of making my life a living hell.

It was now lunch time and I had no where to got. i can't go to Robbins anymore because I don't want to lie to her about hurting myself but i'm not ready for anyone to know. As far as she know's it was a one time thing and I want it to stay that way.

I ended up walking around the old oval no one at school uses anymore. There weren't may people around so I was surprised to see Seth sitting underneath a tree alone. I was gonna start walking back the other way but I didn't get very far after Seth spotted me. 

"Thea" he called out to me. I became increasingly anxious but I knew better than to ignore him so I reluctantly walked over to him. I stoped in front of him for once higher than he was as I stood over him. He has his back against the tree and is playing with a daisy from the ground in his hand.

"Hey" he said in a soft voice looking up at me. He didn't have the same roughness in his tone that i'm used to.

"Hi" I said back, moving my foot around on the grass nervously with my hands behind my back.

"Wanna sit?" 

"Uh, sure?" I said confused as to what's happening. I sat down anyway with my legs crossed in front of him. 

"How are you?" his tone was still soft and if I didn't know any better I would think he was being sincere, but I do know better.

"Tied" I shrugged, I don't think I can stand to say the words 'i'm fine' again. I hate lying and i'm starting to get to good at it.

"Same" he sighed looking into my eyes. The sun reflecting in his eyes from this angle was so pretty. I can see why girls fall at his feel, they're both soft and rough looking and I couldn't take my eye's away from them. We sat like this in silence for a while and it was kind of nice.

"I'm sorry" Seth said breaking the silence.

"For what?"

"I know haven't exactly been the...nicest to you" he seemed almost nervous. he couldn't be serious could he?

"Why are you mean to me? Is it because I don't look like Harlee or Fay?" I was kinda nervous for his answer but I have to know.

"What? No, there's nothing wrong with how you look" he said slightly surprised by my question.

"Then why?" I asked anxiously biting down on my lip.

"I tried ignoring how I feel by bullying you but it just made me feel crap which is why i'd check on you later in your room. I tried getting with other girls to distract myself but it only made me realise how much I don't want them. " he admitted, although I don't think I really understand any of what he just said.

"I don't understand" I pouted. Seth sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"You're gonna make me say it aren't you sweet heart." Is he being serious right now? If i'm honest I keep waiting for someone to pop out from a tree or bush and start laughing at me. there's no way this could be real.

"I'm a douche bag" Seth mumbled to himself as he shook his head. 

"I don't let people in so I push them away before I get the chance to get close to them." he said reaching out his arms and placing his hands over mine.

I don't know what to think right now. No one's jumped out of anywhere laughing and Seth looks so serious.

"You were mean to me because you like me?" I questioned still not fully sure what he's saying

"I guess so yeah, I sound like an idiot when you say it" he chuckled lightly and I swear I saw a small smile

"So you're not going to bully me anymore?" I asked hopefully 

"No sweetheart, i'm not going to bully you anymore" he said squeezing my hand slightly. My heart felt all light and fuzzy and I wanted to jump up and down signing. 

"Ok" I smiled as I looked down at his hands holding mine

"ok" he repeated in a soft almost whispering voice as he looked down at our hands.

I don't think Seth and I are going to become best friends anytime soon but it felt nice to know there was one less person against me in the world. I'm just going to enjoy this moment and the comfort I feel in it.

__________________

Ok i need y'all to bare with me here. Ik this is a very different side of Seth but his new audited will all be explained as the story progresses.

hope it wasn't to weird to see this side of him 

I love how I always say it might be a while until my next post bc of work or school and then end up posting a few days or in this case hours later lol

p.s i'm rlly shit at editing, i didn't even edit this so there WILL be mistakes

idk how i feel about this chapter i feel like your all gonna hate it lol