Trapped

"This way," I say, pulling James' hand and speed-crutch hobbling in the opposite direction of Lily and Foster. James and I crouched behind a Captain America machine to watch Lily and Foster.

Foster said a few words to the cashier, smiled, and handed him some cash.

"They're dating?" James asked me.

"I guess so, but I didn't know about it. I mean, I knew it was coming, but-"

"Hey, Addie!" a male's happy voice chirps and I turn my head to see Tyler, which wouldn't normally be so bad except for the fact that he's with Amber.

I shoot Amber a glare and she stares intently on the ground, focusing in on the carpets patterns to avoid my agressive gaze.

"Hi, Ty, hows it going?" I ask him, trying to keep from sounding mad at him when it wasn't him that was the problem here.

"Good, thanks, Amber and I just wanted to play some bowling, do you want to join us?" he asks, politely.

A double date with Amber and Tyler with James? Wait, no, that's not a double date because James and I are not even dating. Still, I don't want to be anywhere near that psychopath.

"Sure!" James pipes up before I can deny the offer and I want to punch him in the face.

"Let's go get a lane, then," says Tyler and we walk over to the bowling alleys, while I continue to keep an eye out for Lily. Right now they are walking into the lazer tag arena, so we should be safe from their gaze for a few minutes.

We grab our bowling balls and Amber and I continue to ignore each other because she's given up apologizing. It's not like she meant any of it, so it was really pointless of her to pester me about forgiving her anyways. Gosh, she's so fake and stupid.

We go over to the bowling rack and I pick up the eight pound purple ball that I used last time, while Amber picks out a three pound pink tye dye one. Surprise, surprise, what a whimp.

Ty enters our names in, but then Amber's pregnant stomach lets out a grumble and he excuses himself to go order us a pizza and James finishes entering in our name into the machine.

There is so much tension in the air, but both of the guys either choose to not ask us about or they are just oblivious, but likely the latter.

Ty arrives back with a large cheese pizza with a two liter bottle of Coke with some plastic cups. While Ty takes his first turn at bowling, Amber and James grab food. I pour myself a small glass of the soda, not wanting to interact with Amber any more than neccesary.

"So much fun!" I hear a familiar voice say and of course, with my luck, it is Lily, walking up the stairs to the bowling section of the arcade.

"I got to pee!" I say and I practically sprint to the bathroom, which gives me weird looks from Amber and Tyler and an eye roll from James, who knows about my sudden departure.

I enter the bathroom stall and sit on the toilet seat, my head in my hands. I start to think of ways to escape this arcade because if Lily and Foster go bowling, there's no way they won't see me.

I hear the bathroom door open and feet appear in front of my stall door and I suck in a breath. Could Lily have seen me?

"Addie?" It's Amber.

I open the stall door and ask, "What do you want?", with a tone I'm sure would be considered menacing.

"Woah, there. No need to be so hostile, I was just checking on you. Are you okay?" she asks, concerned.

"I'm fine, not that you care," I say and she sighs, running her hand through her air. She walks up to the mirror to primp her face with all the make up in her purse.