And the lightbulb goes off...

Watching the Call Me Maybe music video. It is HILARIOUS. Y'all really need to watch it!

"Code Pink! Code Pink!" I group texted Cassie, Lily, and Alexx. That is our code for boy emergency- not that I've ever had to use the code myself before this incident.

Lily's used it the most. Before she started to like Foster, she had many on and off boyfriends. We all know they are just using her and expect this to happen, but she is too innocent and naive to notice their true intentions. I'm glad she likes Foster, though. He would make a really great boyfriend! He would treat Lily just right and always be there for her and I'm pretty sure he likes her, too! Oh, I do hope he asks Lily out!

Asking out...Noah. Gahhhh. I need to stop thinking about him because it just depresses me. I need to try to shut all these thoughts out. Pretend that we never went out in the first place. Or I never really fancied him anyways.

I mean, not meaning to sound cocky, but ever since the makeover I know I am one of the best looking girls around. So looks is not the reason.

Stop thinking about why he did that terrible thing.

Oh, but I can't help it.

Is it because I'm a bad kisser and he decided he wants someone more experienced in the romance department?

I guess it's possible, but for some reason this doesn't feel right.

And I would actually consider myself a rather good kisser (for a beginner at least). I've picked up a few tricks from Noah and James. And I’m improving quickly still.

James.

Ugh. I'm still pissed at him. Maybe if I just think about my rage at his actions, then my mind will get off Noah. I just need to wait until the girls get here to discuss that topic with them. I could use three extra thoughts and opinions, especially from Cassie. She and Noah are super tight, so she'll probably be able to offer a valid explanation.

My phone vibrates. A text from Alexx. "On way. Ughh. I hate drama."

Alexx is actually rather good at staying out of drama. Her motto is, "If the situation gets dramatic, just beat somebody up." or something inaccurate along those lines.

Alexx has only had to use Code Pink once, come to think of it. It was when she heard Andy Moore was cheating on her, which was true. This isn't the first time, unfortunately, that Alexx's boyfriend has majorly screwed up. Usually, Alexx will just beat the boy up and move on because Alexx is very observant. She will catch these things early. But Andy was able to get away with his traitorous ways for six months. He and Alexx dated a year.

"OMG! NOOOO! U 2 HAV 2 STAY 2GTHR!!! I WILL BRING POPCORN AND THE NOTEBOOK!" Lily responds.

That leaves Cassie. She is always on her cell, so she usually would've replied by now.

Maybe her phone is dead.

Or lost.

Or she is in a remote area with no service.

I don't know! I really need her!!!

A few minutes later, my doorbell rings. I answer it to find Alexx and Lily standing on my brick porch. Lily has a DVD case to The Notebook clutched in her hands along with some un-popped bags of that really good Boy Scout popcorn. She also has little buckets to eat the popcorn from.

Alexx has nothing. She just waltzes in and plops her lazy *ss down on the sofa. Lily sets the popcorn and movie aside for a moment as she sits down on an old, yellow armchair. Her face shows clear concern, "So what happened?" she asks.
I really don't feel like talking about this for a long time and repeating myself, so I'll just tell you everything when Cassie arrives."

"Oh, well...I texted Cassie. And she is not coming..." Lily says awkwardly.

"What? Why? The only thing worse than Code Pink is Code Black! She better have a good reason..." Alexx says angrily.

Code Black is death, by the way

"What did Cassie say?" I ask curiously.

"Well, it was really weird. I was like 'Hey, you didn't respond to the group text? Are you coming to Addie's?' and she said, 'Of course not. There is a reason why Noah did what he did. You shouldn't go either. Don't listen to that lying scumbag! She will clog your brain with fibs! She wants to make herself look like the victim when really it was Noah'" Lily reads from her phone.

"What the heck? What is she talking about?"

"I was hoping you could tell me," Lily says.

"I honestly have no clue, but it must be pretty bad considering Cassie called me a 'scumbag'. That was rude."

"Oh, it's probably not that bad. Cassie has a way to exaggerate everything." Alexx says nonchalantly. She gets up from her spot on the sofa to out in a bag of popcorn. She opens the fridge and takes out a Coke and pops open the lid. A fizzy sort of sound is made, but the noise quickly disappears when Alexx starts gulping down the soda.

"Sorry, Addie, but we still don't exactly know what happened." says Lily.

"Oh, you know...Noah broke up with me-"

"That's horrible!" says an astonished Lily.

"Oh, but it gets worse. He broke up with me...over text."

"Over text?! OHMYF*CKINGOSH IT DOESN’T MATTER WHY HE BROKE UP WITH YOU-HE STILL SHOULD HAVE THE DECENCY TO DO IT TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE!" Lily says flaming red.

I look at Alexx. "Douchebag," Is all she says.

It is reassuring to know that I have two out of three of my girls on my side. Amber doesn't count as one of my girls, obviously. I still don't know her well.

I continue telling my friends the situation...

"And the worst part is I know idea why he did it! Ughhh. My day has just been utterly disastrous!"

"Why? What else happened?" asks Lily.

"Oooohh. Let's hear. This is like an episode of Jersey Shore." says Alexx looking excited. She is shoving handfuls of popcorn into her mouth and chewing rapidly-as if she will never eat popcorn again.

"So...first, I went to James' house."

"James? Why?" asks a shocked Lily.

"Yeah, i thought you two weren’t talking anymore?" asks Alexx.

"Yeah. We weren't. But you know how I told you guys that I knew he was hiding something from me?"

"Yeah." says Lily and Alexx "Mmm"s.

"Well, I went over him to confront him because I figured it out. And then-"

"Wait, what is he hiding?" asks an excited Lily. Her eyes are sparkling with pure curiosity.

When I do not respond right away, Alexx says, "So, are you gonna tell us or not?". Well, I think that's what she is saying. She has a large mouthful of popcorn and it is hard to understand her when she talks with that much food in her mouth.

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry. It just doesn't feel right..." I apologize. It is not my secret to tell.

"Are you f*cking kidding me? Can we guess or something and if we guess right then you'll tell us or something?" Alexx asks.

"No,-"

"Whatever happened to 'When you say don't tell anyone, anyone doesn't include my best friend'" asks a disappointed Lily. She REALLY wants to know about James.

"Sorry, gals." I say, "Anyways-"

"He's in the mafia isn't he?!" says Alexx suddenly.

"What? No!"

"Oh my gosh. Alexx, I think you're right! Maybe he is trying to change and become a better person and get away but he has some magical hidden tattoo that all the mafia members have and he can't escape them unless he gets it painfully removed. He thought moving would help, but the members just moved their territory and-" says Lily before I interrupt her.

"Woah there! Lily, don't let your imagination get ahead of you now. Let's be reasonable here. I promise that James is not in the mafia." I say.

"Bummer. Maybe he could initiate me. I've always wanted to be a mafia member. My grandfather in Italy was. He had an affair with my grandmother, but he's behind bars now of course, so I never get to see my biggest romod." says Alexx with a sigh.

I worry about her sometimes.

"So, get this. As we were arguing about who shoulda told who and when and all this crap, James is like 'Do you really like Noah?'" I continue.

"Gettin' deep." says Alexx.

"Woah. Oh my gosh. James is totally still not over you. Just out of the blue like that? He obviously has been putting a lot of thought into this whole situation. Now that you and Noah are over, you should consider giving him a chance." says Lily.

"Look, I still really like Noah. Unlike some people, I can't go from boy to boy so easily without having some strings attached." I say a bit harshly. Maybe too harshly...

Lily's face pales. "Is that what you think of me? As a dirty, rotten, slutty wh*re? Like Amber? Look, I haven't even dated or hooked up with anyone for a few months. Maybe I was a little floaty in the past, but I've really changed my ways. That was really rude and hurtful." Lily says getting up and walking out my front door. Just like that.

Gosh I am losing everyone!

"Lily, wait!" I call, but she slams the door shut.

Now all I have is Alexx, who isn't really the best listener in the world.

"So James asks you, ya know, what he asked you. Now what?" Alexx asks me obviously not caring about Lily's absence.

"He kissed me."

"He WHAT!?" Alexx says flinging her popcorn everywhere.

Alexx doesn't get excited or surprised easily. She's pretty good at reading people. Imagine what Lily would've done if she were here. That clueless girl gets all hyped up about practically everything.

But of course,

Lily's not here. And she's not coming back.

First Noah. Then Cassie. Then her. I am left with an audience of one.

"Did you kiss him back?" asks an astonished Alexx.

"No, of course not! I have too much commitment to Noah than to kiss James back. But I do admit, I was too shocked to pull away."

"Did you like it? Is he a good kisser?"

"Oh my gosh, James is an absolutely AMAZING kisser. But no, I did not enjoy it. I felt guilty and gross."

"Wait, where did this happen?" Alexx asks with a bright gleam in her eyes. She is onto something!

“On his front porch. Why?"

“So people who were driving by can see you..."

"I guess so, why?"

"Does Noah come to randomly visit you ever?"

"Yeah, I guess every once in a while he surprises me. So?"

"So there you have it."

"Have what?"

“The reason Noah broke up with you so rudely and out of the blue."

“Oh my gosh! Alexx, you are a genius!" I say hugging Alexx tight with excitement.

I need to talk to Noah as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So most of you figured out why Noah broke up with her. Am I really that predictable??? Haha just kidding, but way to be smarties!!!