Waiting for Hank

" If you look up, you can see a sky full of stars in the middle of the day. "

NOVEMBER 6, 2038

"DETECTIVE L/N, IT'S TIME FOR
you to wake up." Connor flipped the light switch on, making the other male groan and throwing his pillow over his face. "Leave me alone, I'm so fucking tired." Connor just stood in the doorway for a solid five minutes. "Detective L/N if you don't get up, you'll be late to the office." The other male signed, slowly sitting up. "Fine, I'm up." He said in his normal groggy morning voice, making eye contact with the android. He slowly but surely pulled himself out of bed, planting his feet on the cold floor and making his way to the closet, throwing the rejected clothes all over.

He finally decided on an old Hawaiian shirt that once belonged to Hank, he threw off his dirty night shirt and began buttoning up the red one, leaving it open a little at the top. "You can leave Plastic. Just go analyze my freezer or something." Connor nodded, walking off to the kitchen, but not before closing the bedroom door.

Connor spent a few minutes in the kitchen, looking at the mess that scattered throughout the entire apartment. Dust collected on everything and floated through the air. He waited in the kitchen for fifteen more minutes, watching as the detective crept out of his room, rubbing his tired eyes. "Okay, let me grab a coffee and then we can leave." He walked over turning on the coffee pot, heating up left over coffee from a day prior. He poured it out and into a to-go cup, signaling Connor out the door.

The ride to the station was quiet between the two, drowning out the silence was the same music the detective always listens to, quickly turning the volume up all the way. The music blared through the entire car, getting weird stares at pedestrians as the vehicle came to a halt at the stop light.

"People don't appreciate music like they used to." He said mainly to himself, rolling his eyes in the process. The light turned green and the car zoomed down the road, flying into the nearest parking space. Y/N turned off the car, locking it after the two exited. "Come on Plastic Fuck, we got work to do."

Connor followed the shorter male into the warm building, not that he could feel temperate but he saw as the detective let out a sigh of relief. He followed behind the male as they made their way into the office area and to the detective's messy desk.

"What time does the Lieutenant usually get in?" The android asked, eyeing the desk across the detective. "Depends on where he was the night before. Since he wasn't a bar, he should be here soon. You can just take a seat right there." The male said, pointing to the desk across from him. Connor followed his instructions, walking over to the messy desk across the detective. Connor began analyzing the desk that belonged to Hank, grabbing pictures and knickknacks.

Half an hour goes by, still no sign of the lieutenant, the android turned towards the other male. "Is the Lieutenant always this late?" He shook his head, taking a bite of a breakfast burrito he grabbed from the break room. "Like I said, he should be here soon. He wasn't at a bar so it'll be around noon, maybe one when he finally gets here." He spoke threw his food, quickly turning back to his desk work he half pretended to do.

He dropped his food when someone yelled his name, startling him. "Detective L/N! My office, and bring the android!" He quickly pushed himslef out of his chair, walking to the Captain's office with Connor behind him. "Captain Fowler." Y/N greeted as he continued to stand. "As you know, deviants have become a bigger problem, they have been for nine months. That girl you saved was just the start of it. I told you that this android was going to be your partner, now it's official. It'll be assisting you and Hank in anyway it can. L/N, find out what's happening and do it fast."