The Nest

"Fuckin' pigeons everywhere!"

NOVEMBER 6, 2038

HANK BLARED HIS HEAVY
metal music as he sped down the street, coming to a stop and parking when they arrived. "Chicken Feed? Really Hank, we always go here." The older man grunted as he left the car, making his way across the street but not before almost being hit by a car. "I hate old men." Y/N mumbled under his breath as he got out of the car, following Hank to the outdoor restuarant.

This time, Y/N looked across the street before crossing, meeting up with Hank. "You want in?" The detective turned his head to the illegal gambler. "Not this time, I got fucked over bigtime last time." He tried to to argue with the detective, but Y/N didn't budge, however Hank did, handing the kid a wad of cash.

"What about you kid? I still have some of that grassy shit you made me buy." Y/N nodded, getting snapped out of his thoughts, standing next to Hank as their food cooked. Y/N felt a stare on his back, turning around and facing Connor. "Gah, you scared me." Hank let out a frustrated groan. "Don't you listen? Goddamn poodle."

Before Connor could respond, the two males were handed their meals. They thanked the worker and walked over to a nearby table. "Hey, don't leave that thing here." Hank and Y/N let out a laugh. "Not a chance, it follows us everywhere. See?" He added as Connor soon followed the two, standing next to them under the umbrella, away from the rain. "Lieutenant, Detective. I think your friend is engaging in illegal gambling." Connor slightly whispered to the males as they ate. "Yeah, and? They aren't hurting anyone, whatever people have to do to get by." The detective said as he took a bit out of the fake burger. "I agree, no ones getting hurt, just trying to live."

They two left it at that, and they meant every word. Ever since androids became a thing, millions lost their jobs and were now living on the streets. A few more bites of their burgers were spent in peace, that was until the android interrupted once again. "I'm sorry for my behavior at the station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." Hank started to choke on his drink with laughter. "Shit, its even got a brown nosing apology. CyberLife has thought if everything haven't they?" The younger male nodded in response, taking another bite of his food.

Connor interrupted once again, causing the two males to roll their eyes and audibly groan. "This morning, when we were chasing the Deviant, why wouldn't you let me cross the highway?" Y/N stared into Connor's eyes, not knowing why he even held him back. "I don't know, I just don't like filling out damage reports I guess."

"Can I ask you a person question, both if you?" Hank and Y/N stared at eachother, nodding to the curious android. "Why do you hate androids so much?" Y/N turned to Hank, giving him a sympathetic look, knowing full well he doesn't hate androids, not as much as he says he does. "I have my reasons." Was all the older man said before turning away from the other two. "What about you Detective?"

Y/N didn't know why he hated androids, maybe it was because everyone else hated them and they ruined so many people's lives. No not androids, CyberLife, something he dedicated his life to really fucked him over. The detective stayed silent, not answering the question he had no answer for.